“Beautiful Hotel - - Fabulous Staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Des Moines Airport
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Papillion, United States
“Beautiful Hotel - - Fabulous Staff”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The Double Tree staff is very friendly and helpful. Accomodations are very comfortable and clean. Rooms are nice size with desk and side chair. Pool and hot tub area clean and good sized. Fluffy pool towels readily available. Breakfast buffet was delicious !! We experienced 0 problems here and were delighted at the way the staff made sure anything we needed was taken care of. We will definitely stay here again when in Des Moines.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
Ankeny, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel is top notch with a great restaurant attached to it. The convenience of being able to dine or get room service from Johnny's Italian Steakhouse makes the stay so much more enjoyable. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Minneapolis, MN, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I used trip advisor to find select this hotel and didn't regret it one bit until I woke up the next morning. Once we arrived, we were welcomed with helpful staff, a warm cookie, and a quick check in. We got up to the room and it was beautiful, had a nice separate sitting area with a couch and a chair. The bathroom was very clean looking. We used the common space internet access to print off tickets to a concert we were seeing in Des Moines. That process was easier than I've seen at other hotels as well. When we went to bed, my head hit the pillow and completely sank through to the bed. I tried other pillows but they were equally unsupportive. I fluffed as best as I could and fell asleep. My wife and I both woke up the next morning with the worst headaches we've had in a long time. I had to pull off the highway a number of times on the way home because the headache had made me sick to my stomach. This one point is unfortunate because the rest of the hotel is phenomonal. But I can't say a hotel is great when you feel significantly worse leaving than when you arrived. If you bring your own pillows, I think you will really love this otherwise great hotel. Excellent hotel for how little we had to pay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DawnRobbinsWood, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Des Moines Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We value every post placed on here and use it as a tool to better the stay of all guests.

I apologize that your stay was less than expected. We want to ensure that every stay is the best. By Hilton standard all of the pillows on the beds are feather pillows, however, I am with you, I do enjoy a firmer pillow. We do also have foam fill pillows available upon request. These provide much more support.

We look forward to the opportunity of accommodating you during your next visit to Des Moines. If you ever have any questions, comments or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me. Have a great day!
Des Moines, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Loved getting complimentary drink tickets to be used with ANY drink. Thought it was complimentary breakfast by the way he said "And breakfast is served from 6:00-9:00". Had an hour and half taxi line wait probably due to George Strait in town tho. :(

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This DoubleTree was great, modern eclectic is my description. Place was beyond clean and the decor/pallet colors were perfect. The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms quiet! It's also next to the airport, easily roll out of bed and to your gate in no time. Stay and Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JSPDX
Reviewed April 9, 2014

clean, courteous, nice on site restaurant offering excellent breakfast and dinner. Booked here after disappointing pre booking disaster at a downtown hotel that was filthy. Very happy we made the switch to doubletree. Not downtown but close enough and clean!

1 Thank susanp98
DawnRobbinsWood, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Des Moines Airport, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our property. We appreciate your kind words! I'm glad we were able to accomodate your needs and I will pass along your comments to our staff. We look forward to your next stay with us!
St Joseph, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2014

All the comforts of home without the clean up. Family enjoyed all the ammenties and staff was very accommadating. Large group for breakfast responded well to keep buffet stocked. Pool and hottub were correct temp clean and fun. Grandchildren enjoyed the stay everything was close to hotel for dining and shopping. Would definitly stay again this is the second time we have enjoyed our stay at the double tree. Would do it again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Doug H
I am so pleased that your family enjoyed their stay here! We enjoyed having them here as well. The next time you all would like to get together may I suggest contacing our sales team here. We can offer discounted rates for groups of people. with different amenities included in those rates, depending on how many stay.
We look forward to your next stay!