“Double the pleasure at Des Moines Doubletree”

DoubleTree by Hilton Des Moines Airport
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Park City, Utah
“Double the pleasure at Des Moines Doubletree”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We are Hilton Gold members and Trip Advisor led us to this amazing Doubletree. Upon check in, we were given two free drinks at the very nice restaurant adjacent to the property (a perk for Hilton Gold members) . We were also given another gold benefit of two free breakfasts. This is a lovely property and still feels new and very upgraded. We had the option of staying at the Hampton Inn nearby, but this property blew the Hampton away. We loved our room and the breakfast and the relaxing lounge area. We will be back!

Room Tip: The beds are super nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Nice, clean, updated hotel with helpful staff. Airport noise is pretty loud early in the morning if you're a light sleeper. If you have breakfast included with your room, it is a nice hot breakfast buffet in the restaurant, not a stale continental muffin.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel was super clean, very convenient to the airport, great breakfast, good rate, excellent customer service. I was VERY pleasantly surprised. I would certainly stay there again.
Now I just need to fill up space because Tripadvisor is telling me I need 200 characters minimum..

Room Tip: It's an airport hotel. I don't think any of the rooms are that different.
United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

There is only one knock on this DoubleTree and I'm sure I just missed it, but I didn't see any breakfast served. If you are working on camp dodge it is a bit far but not a bad drive at all. The rooms were clean and it definitely felt like home. I am actually staying there again soon.

Seattle, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Another great DoubleTree experience. From the speedy check in, good quality room (decent carpet, linens, quiet A/C) through the check out process, this one is a great stay. Under 5 minutes to airport and 15 minutes from downtown.

Onalaska, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our first time staying at a Double Tree and I can say we'll stay there again. We come to check in and we were offered warm chocolate chips cookie. I would have loved to have one but they had nuts in them so I passed. There was a really nice smell that was piped through the vents. I'm not sure what it was but it smelled wonderful and wasn't too over powering. We had a King Size bed in our room. The room was well sized for just 2 people and it had a sitting area which was really nice. The only reason I gave the hotel a 4 rating was because the bathroom was really small. The door has to be shut in order to take a shower or bath. The lighting wasn't the greatest in there either. Other than that the bed was beyond comfortable. The bedding was like something you'd have in your home, It was the first bed in a hotel that I've gotten out of and not had my back screaming in pain. Very comfortable. I also loved that I could hook up my iPhone to the alarm clock to listen to music. All in all, very nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel was really clean, newer and a great location. The restaurant was very nice, high-end and expensive. My only gripes; no free breakfast and the guest rooms were very small for the price of the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers also viewed these Des Moines hotels
Baymont Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport
Hyatt Place Des Moines Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Des Moines Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Des Moines Downtown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport
Days Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Des Moines Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Des Moines Airport

Property: DoubleTree by Hilton Des Moines Airport
Address: 6800 Fleur Dr, Des Moines, IA 50321-3127 (Formerly Radisson Hotel Des Moines Airport)
Location: United States > Iowa > Des Moines
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Romantic Hotel in Des Moines
#2 Business Hotel in Des Moines
#4 Best Value Hotel in Des Moines
#4 Family Hotel in Des Moines
Hotel Class:3.5 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Des Moines Airport 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Des Moines Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Radisson Des Moines