This is the Filthiest , Malodorous "Holiday Inn" Branded establishment I've ever stayed in! The rooms, yes rooms, I had them move me after I couldn't Unstopper the bathroom sink, to wash my hands! ( How do you clean a sink where the stopper is stuck on th eclosed position? Yuk! ). Fun! The second room came equipped without a sink stopper, so no worries! (Both are code violations, see where I'm going with this?) I'd read another guest's review where the guest's wife didn't sleep well, because of the "Cycling" of some sort of equipment on the premisies, ( A compressor, or Refrigeration Unit, perhaps?). I wish I would have heeded his warning, as sleep was not to be gotten in this room! Now, lets talk about the dozens and dozens of tiny, itchy, "Bite-Like" marks all over my body, which I noticed mid-morning, the following day? Could it be? Bedbugs in an I-35 Corridor Hotel? ( You Decide )Yikes! Oh, I forgot to mention, as I was checking in, my behavior was a bit "Shady" :^), as I eavesdropped on the (otherwise preoccupied) manager while she loudly discused over her cellphone, how "Narcotics and Prophylactics were Manditory" [ this weekend ], ( I would neve assume she meant "On Premises", but still....I will trust my gut next time, and bolt for the door In closing, Yuk, what a filthy dive, I left Saturday, and stayed at another hotel downtown. Be Very Afraid !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greetings from Des Moines, Iowa, home of the Drake Bulldogs and Drake Relays. Holiday Inn Express at Drake is at the heart of this city's renaissance neighborhood and ideally located right on campus. Seconds away are the Knapp Center, and Drake Stadium. Dining is available next door at the retro-themed favorite, Drake Diner. Follow your meal with an independent film a jaunt away at the Varsity Movie Theatre. Come visit the campus, the community, and us; we'll make you feel at home.Plenty of entertainment awaits off campus as well. Attractions include Prairie Meadows Race Track and Casino, Adventureland Amusement Park, Iowa State Fairgrounds, Principal Park, and Blank Park Zoo. Also nearby are the Civic Center, Convention Complex, Veterans Auditorium, Hy-Vee Hall and Wells Fargo Arena. We are moments from the Historical Building of Iowa, the State Capital, Living History Farms, Terrace Hill, Salisbury Mansion and Hoyt Sherman Place. Centrally situated among all of the Metro's retail districts --- four major malls, many boutiques and antique shops. Seasonal attractions are plentiful and near. Other areas of interest include The East Village, Historic Valley Junction and Downtown Court Avenue District, where nightlife is at its best. Free Wireless Internet available in all guest rooms and public areas. Whether it is business or pleasure that brings you our way, our team is ready to serve you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Des Moines/Drake University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Des Moines/Drake University Hotel Des Moines
- Holiday Inn Des Moines
- Des Moines Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Des Moines/Drake University Iowa