“You for sure need a better restaurant and better service...”

Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Des Moines
Ames
“You for sure need a better restaurant and better service...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

You for sure need a better restaurant and better service, maybe more attendants at the pool bar/refreshments. Very slow. I had to get their attention every single time I wanted anything. The food really needs improvement. Every time we have stayed there we have ordered from steaks to pizza. The steaks are as fatty as fat can get. We sent our back. The pizza I thought would be easy since we always experience awful food. I was wrong. Burnt. I need to just learn to order from outside restaurants or get get take out and bring it to the room. I just hate the thought of having to take my children away from the water park to go eat somewhere. Kindof why we pick this hotel to begin with. So we don't have to. But I can not stand to eat at the restaurant in this hotel anymore. I am not the only one, I can tell you that. Besides the restaurant, my children do have fun there. However they are outgrowing it. They only want to be in the hot tub now. And now that you have to be 18, they are really bummed. Hard to keep them out of it, when we have one at home. But I do think the water park is good for the younger children.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Teresa B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Des Moines
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Des Moines Downtown
Baymont Inn & Suites Des Moines Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Des Moines Airport
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Des Moines Downtown

Been to Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines

Property: Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines
Address: 5000 Merle Hay Road, Des Moines, IA 50322 (Formerly Holiday Inn Merle Hay)
Location: United States > Iowa > Des Moines
#10 Business Hotel in Des Moines
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Tropics Resort / Conference Center Des Moines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Tropics Hotel Des Moines