Stayed at this hotel in February for two nights while at a conference in Des Moines. Simply put, this hotel was a pleasant suprise.
1. Beautiful Lobby. The lobby is wonderful and unlike anything you would expect to find in the Des Moines market. The hotel itself is a historic landmark.
2. Room Renovations. When I stayed I was informed that the hotel was in the process of updating its rooms. I was informed by the clerk at check in that she was placing me in a room that had recently been renovated -- what a nice suprise. The updated rooms are nothing like those depicted on the hotel's website. The rooms have a very urban feel with striped wallpaper, nice bedding, light color tile and capret, etc. Very very nice. I am not sure as to the status of the renovations but make sure to request at check in that you be placed in an updated room.
3. Nice hotel bar, decent conference facilities, and great room service.
4. Excellent location within walking distance to court avenue and other shops.
1. The hotel room, while beautifully updated, was relatively small by Des Moines standards. Granted, the hotel itself is old and back when it was built, I am sure smaller rooms were the norm. However, it would have been nice to have a little more space.
2. No direct access to parking. Unfortunately, parking is located in the garage across the street. There is not a lot of parking around the hotel, so this makes loading/unloading in inclement weather somewhat difficult.
Overall, beautiful hotel with nicely updated rooms. Would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This historic hotel, located in the heart of downtown Des Moines, Iowa is within walking distance to Wells Fargo Arena, Iowa Events Center, Civic Center of Greater Des Moines, Court Avenue restaurants and nightlife and East Village restaurants and shops. Start your day off right with a visit to Coda Coffee, located on the street level of the hotel, for freshly brewed Starbucks beverages. Then return in the evening to Coda Lounge to discover the hottest new lounge in downtown Des Moines. Don't miss the contemporary midwest cuisine and local products served in BOS restaurant, also located street level in the hotel. Additional amenities enjoyed by guests include a fitness center, indoor pool, whirlpool, complimentary airport transportation and complimentary wireless service. If you’re searching for a venue to host a romantic wedding, a business meeting or a conference, this hotel features over 12,000 square feet of function space, innovative meeting technology and a creative catering and culinary team. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Marriott and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Des Moines Savery Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Des Moines Savery Hotel Iowa
- Des Moines Renaissance