“Stay away!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
“Stay away!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE
I've stayed in over 100 nights in choice hotels and never had any problems till i came here! 1st of all she insisted i give her a credit card even though i was using a free night and offered her a 200 dollar deposit on an 70 dollar room. She said no cuz i might steal the 25in
tube tv and have already gave me back my deposit. She said she couldnt check the room in the morning cuz she eould be by herself and i said at 8the ur going to be all by urself or home cuz u get off at 7 duhhhhh! Then gave her my wifes on accident and said "this isnt u" sorry that's my wifes. Nope can be it has the wrong name which we just got married a month ago but shes right not my wife cuz every married couple gets time in a month to switch it all so pretty much stay away

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank DRIFTER7469

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We paid just over 100$ per night for 2 king beds, mini fridge and microwave. With two teen boys we traveled to Adventureland during the day, and used the hotel room at night. It was perfect for what we needed! The staff was very friendly and made us feel at home. The FREE continental breakfast was awsome, my kids got to choose from cereal and milk, bagles, bread for toast, biscuts and gravy, many pastries, fresh fruit and yogurt and even hard boiled eggs!!!! There was something for everyone. The pool was clean and well kept, the fitness room also kept us busy. The only thing that bothered me is the old icky bathrooms and the security, the doors to get into the building were not working or not on, you just walked right in. And the pool area was to the back of the hotel, and the side doors in the back were open, they did not latch, and everytime I went out to see how the kids were doing, they were open. I am not sure they ever got locked. So that I would check on before I went back, other than that it was a great place for a family that is using it to wind down at the end of the day and swim before they turn in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Could have had better beds. Room with 2queens.one bed was ok other was wore out.pillows was good.an could use little air freshner.
.tv was old.but was ok.staff was friendly. Pool was clean.room was very sound proof.the other room we had was a king. It was much nicer.an had flat screen TV. Bathrooms was large.but slippery could use rubber mats.over all it was a restful place to stay

• Stayed August 2012
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stopped here on the way back from Colorado. The cost for the Saturday night stay was $90. This seemed resonable, until I got in the room. The room looked clean. The problem was the floor was wet. My family was already in bed when I got to the room and noticed this problem. Wet would be one thing, but when I looked at the bottom of my white socks, the socks were stained black from the filth in the carpet. This was discussing and I'm not that picky of a person. We didn't want to change hotels, because it was late and everyone was in the PJ's. We did get another room. It was better, but my children thought the bed linens were damp. I didn't notice.
The breakfast was average.
The exercise room was more like an exercise closet: one cycle and one trend mill.
There were other options at this exit. I would shop around and I would not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
North Platte, Nebraska
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Very dated hotel that needs some TLC. Clean and affordable.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank kbqhills
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed here on a trip out West. Smelled like stale cigarettes but was otherwise clean. Right off the highway but we didn't notice any additional noise. NO ELEVATOR...probably the worst part of our stay. You could easily stay somewhere else if you need more frills. This will work for those on a budget though.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Traveler8901
Dubuque, IA
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I have stayed in Des Moines hotels for 17 years. A huge convention sold out every room in town except this location. I would not book it if others were available,,,,,but,,,my room was fairly clean. The bed was hard. The hotel needs updating but it's not over the hill yet. They pinched me $90 because of supply and demand. The breakfast was slim. I would stay here in the future only if they gave me a knock out rate. Free internet and friendly counter staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
#33 of 48 in Des Moines
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
Super 8 Clive/W Des Moines
#10 of 48 in Des Moines

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!