Des Moines Marriott Downtown
$72
$129
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $166/night.

$114
$144
$135
EmbassySuites.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $161/night.

$147
Doubletree.com
$90
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$119
$112
Agoda.com
Des Lux Hotel(Des Moines)
$199
$193
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe concierge loungelobby bar isvalet parkingroom was cleanhigh floornice hotelcomplimentary shuttlestreet parkingbusiness tripfront desk staffper dayshuttle servicecourt avenuecivic centerenjoyed my staystaff was friendlyskywalk
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed at Marriot Des Moines Downtown from 24-28 August. The hotel room is clean and tidy and the staff are very polite and approachable.
Avoid staying at the room near the lift or ice dispenser and it is quite noisy if you wish to get good sleep.
The restaurant is a little small and the queue for the breakfast buffet is pretty long if you are happen to have breakfast during the rush hour.
The concierge lounge is small and the food variety is very limited unlike the other marriot chain hotels in Asia. Furthermore they are closed during weekends.
In general the hotel can be considered to stay if you have to attend a meeting or conference in Des Moines.

Dr E. Chow

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank UpperGuest
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a great stay here for the Hy-Vee Tri. We checked in Saturday and the front desk was quick and friendly. Our room was clean and fairly big. It had a mini fridge AND a microwave which was a plus for us. We were on the 21st floor and the elevators were quick and they had plenty. The pool on the 3rd floor is actually really nice and had lap lanes. The gym looked nice as well and way more than just the usual 2 treadmills and an elliptical that grace most places. It was also walking distance to Zombie Burger as well as the bar scene on Court Avenue. We still had to drive to the race, but would definitely stay here again for the race next year.
We were also easily able to find street parking EASILY both nights to avoid the $20/parking fee.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here for a week for a work conference. It was wonderful. The staff were very helpful, the food served at the conference was fabulous. Their breakfast pizza was excellent. The only complaint I have is that the conference rooms were frigid; but the did manage to bring up the temps once we asked them to. The lobby is beautiful. They have shuttle service that will take you anywhere in the city. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed there on 8/24/13. The facilities were very nice and centrally located for our activities. They have valet parking and I recommend it. They are very fast at retrieving your car. Worth the $20 charge. Not much parking in area as I could see. The only downside was no refrigerator in our room. If staying longer would have asked about. Bed very comfortable and staff very friendly.

Room Tip: This was part of wedding block. Very happy w/ room. Heard no complaints from any other members of our group
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2013

When you go to an elevator and it just starts to close it should pop open when you put your hand in. Well I did that and it didn't stop, so my hand on one side elbow the other, waiting for it to open... Not. My arm was stuck, had to yank my arm out! Was there for a wedding reception spent two nights there. Went to the front desk to let them know what happened. They called the security person Kyle, took my report asked if I need medical assistance, I said I don't think so, it Really hurts but I have to get back to the reception. My 7 year old daughter was behind me when this happened and didn't want her to worry. She saw the tiers in my eyes and was freaking, so I sucked it up. They asked me if I wanted an ice pack and that was it! No discount, I got a call from a claims guy, Chris 2 days later, saying the Marriott has no accident insurence and would mail me a form and call in a few days to see how I was. This happened on 8/17/13, still no second call!
Long story short what if it was my kid? Or yours? I had a 5 inch long and 2 inch wide bruise above my elbow for two weeks!

Room Tip: Stay on the lower floors!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family