I stayed at Des Moines Marriott Downtown twice in the past three months for business. I can say that both stays were good but could have been excellent. Very nice hotel in a nice location with accomodating staff. Service was inconsistent but overall resulted in very good outcomes. I would have been much better if it didnt require follow up by myself and if i wasnt put in a handicap room. i am sure they were very full and that is all that they had available. But if i am required to stay at concierge rates for over$300 night then do not place me in a handicap room, with no bathtub, right next to the elevators that is overlooking the roof of the next building. I am a Marriott rewards member but my coworker who is not got the high rise room with a great view a nice tub at the same rate on both visits. She got the 23rd floor and i got the 8th floor both visits. Figure that??? On my second stay i paid for the concierge level but was not checked in as such. I had to remind the front desk staff of my reservation and it was not until then my access to the concirege lounge was granted even though i paid for this in the room rate. I also had to extend my stay and was told by the front desk staff that they were overbooked by four people and was given the phone number of the Marriott on the other side of town. when i checked on line, they were not overbooked, but there were several rooms available. I brought this to the attention of the front desk staff and they quickly apologized and made accomodaions for me and my co-worker.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a luxury Des Moines hotel ideally located in the downtown business district just four miles from the airport and connected to the Iowa Events Center and Wells Fargo Arena by skywalk, making it one of the most convenient downtown Des Moines hotels. Dine at the delectable on-site Rock River Grill and Tavern, or discover the innovative City Center Lounge for casual downtown libations. Guests can relax in our sparkling pool or coffee shop and stay connected with our business center and free wi-fi in public areas. Highlighted by 25,000 square feet of space, this Des Moines, IA hotel is ideal for conferences, weddings, retreats and events of all sizes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Des Moines Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Des Moines Marriott Downtown Hotel Des Moines
- Marriott Des Moines
- Des Moines Marriott Downtown Iowa