Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Des Moines Downtown
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Des Moines
Calgary, Canada
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had a nice stay at this hotel. Free parking is available across the street but we elected to park downstairs, for 8$ since there was possible rain. The omelet was good as were the pancakes. Clean rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Des Moines, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Poor rating, not at all what you would expect. Make sure you get everything in writing and pay attention to detale. Upon arrival I was quoted one rate, paid another, specifically said not to charge my cc paid cash, they charged me for something I didn't even use in the room, the noise all night long was horrific, slamming of doors, young kids beeimg allowed to run the halls! Upon checkout heard other guests were not charged to park, yet they charged me for 2 vehicles! Wow !!! For the price I paid for my early birthday present, I should have stayed at a different Hotel. Very disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

shammerman, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Des Moines Downtown, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Kelly W;

Thank you for your comments and reaching out to share your experience with. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and as I have reviewed with in an earlier correspondence with you, we have already corrected the billing error on your account. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. The parking during weekends is free on the city streets where there is metered parking during the week, however, the gated parking lot and the hotel underground garage do have a small fee for their use.

Thank you again for your business - we hope to be of service to you in the future.

Des Moines, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had my Bachelorette Party here for this past stay & it was the best hotel in town to have it! Everything was fabulous from the gal who took my reservations (she went above & beyond to get us the best room to accommodate my party), to the front desk staff, to the professional & fun shuttle driver to great complimentary drinks & breakfast. This is by far the best hotel to have a bachelorette party from all the amazing complimentary items & location. Thank you for everything!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

shammerman, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Des Moines Downtown, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Kathleen H;

i am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time while out guest and that your guests had a great time at the Embassy Suites as well. I have reviewed your comments with our staff and we all are delighted that you had a memorable visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 1, 2013

From my speedy arrival from the airport to hotel, and my swift check-in, I always marvel at how well Embassy towers over their competitors in the hospitality market. I enjoy my stay no matter which Embassy Suites I book....the pleasure is all mine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest;

Thank you for your great comments and thank you for your business. Greatly appreciated! We look forward seeing you at the Embassy Suites when you come back to Des Moines.

Denver, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great service, excellent at resolving any and all challenges. Great breakfast and restaurant. Staff is very attentive to all needs. Very clean in all areas. Central location and easy access to all areas of Des Moines.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, and had a great experience. This hotel is very clean, and the staff is very friendly. We had booked a corner room overlooking the river, and I think the corner room is what made the difference. It was pretty quiet (except for the one evening where there was an event going on in the atrium that had steel drum music). But, that event seemed to be handled well, and things were quiet by about 8:00 pm, which was nice.

We'll definitely stay here again on any future trip to Des Moines.

Room Tip: Corner rooms seem to be quieter and are more private.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Naberius;

The corner rooms we have are indeed great and even a little larger than the standard suites that we have at the Embassy Suites Des Moines Downtown. I am glad that you found everything to be super clean and that the staff provided hospitable and friendly service.

We look forward to your return.

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed at Embassy Suites while attending a family reunion. It was great to have breakfast available for the kids every morning without leaving the hotel. The staff was especially friendly and accomodating to us upon our arrival. I will deffinately being staying at Embassy Suites again next year when I return to Iowa.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family