“Great location”

Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Sandpoint, Idaho
“Great location”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Wonderful front desk staff! When the computer was busy with folks printing boarding passes and the gentlemen saw that I was waiting he cleared his desk so I could log on and print my boarding pass without waiting, Above and beyond!! Nice job!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Burlington, Iowa
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We spent the night here before our early morning flight. This hotel served that purpose well. Our check inn was fast and efficient, the front desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful. We had a room with one king bed. The room was clean and sufficient. Very small bathroom. There was an indoor pool and hot tub but we did not use these. Also we checked out too early in the morning to be able to take advantage of the breakfast. We were able to leave our car parked at the hotel for $5.00 per day. The Keck shuttle picked us up at the hotel front door and returned us from the airport at no charge, just your tip. Very quick and easy.... This hotel and it furnishings are somewhat dated, but perfect for flying in and out of the airport.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Iowa
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here with my parents and my sister. Since it was close to the airport and had a shuttle to the airport also. Overall checking in was easy and the front looked nice and clean. The rooms were decent and were clean also. The only issues we had was noisy people next door and other rude guests we had to deal with. But overall it was a very good hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
texas
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Had a king suite and was quite pleased with the large area and the cleanliness. Housekeeping was great. They came and thoroughly cleaned while I was out. I returned to a perfect room for my second night.
Breakfast was plentiful and included boiled eggs and biscuits and hot gravy with the usual cold and hot cereals, breads, muffins, yogurt, fresh fruit, juices/coffee/milk. Price was very good for such a nice big room. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

For the price it was a rip off. The hot tub in pool area was not working. For a heated pool it was 62 degrees. When asked about it, was informed its a heated pool and it was used a lot during the day. So it might be having trouble catching up. I sais either the heat is off or something is wrong, I managed pools for almost five years. There kids in it turning blue and they didn't care or did Quality Inn.
The breakfast in the morning was cold cereal, greesey sausage, watered down orange juice. The rooms were comfortable, but need better lighting. When a couple check in don't call after 45 minutes to see if the room is fine. They may be busy. The phones, there should be two in the rooms. One one the working table and one the night stand by the bed. For $106 per night, I don't think I got my money worth and another person who to stay there felt the same way. I know I will not be returning, the facts are the facts.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed March 2, 2014

OUr room was dirty the light in the bathroom had water pouring out of it. It snowed outside they did not clean the parking lot or the sidewalks. I almost fell twice. The hall ways were freezing just like the room next to us their heater did not work right in their room. They did not refill the food items everything would be gone and everyone would have to ask them to fill everything. The first day they drained the hot tub then filled it with ice cold water and it never worked again. One of the couples that were with us had a sweatshirt missing out of their room after the first day we stayed. Workers not at all friendly I would not ever stay at this hotel again or tell anyone else to. Bad trip.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor are on the main lobby, the rooms on the first floor you need to park d...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Highlands Ranch, Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I am typing this IN this very room right now, as I got stuck in Des Moines overnight due to bad weather. Between the state wrestling tournament and lots of flight cancellations, most hotels were full. The only room available here was the king suite, so that's what I booked to avoid sleeping on the floor of the airport.

There is NO parking at this hotel. 3 cars were parked illegally behind other cars in the top lot. I pulled down around the back and got the only space left. 2 or 3 cars circled looking for spaces and ended up having to park in a lot for the building over. I wouldn't want to bring my luggage that far to the hotel.

Upon entering, front desk staff seemed overwhelmed by the day (lots of bookings, I'm sure) but were friendly enough. While the lobby is small, it is clean and bright. Free breakfast takes place right here - with the small number of tables and little space, I cannot imagine what it must be like down here from 6-9am. I will not even make the attempt.

Upon entering my room, the smell of air freshener overwhelmed me, quickly followed by the strong stench of body odor they must have been attempting to cover up. yuck.

I opened the windows to air out the room and it seemed like they were already open. They are extremely thin and do not seal well. Traffic from the very busy road out front is clearly audible with the windows closed.

The place has a clean coat of paint and some art work on the walls, but outside of that, it's dated, dated, dated. This is at best a 2 star hotel and not worth the $150 I paid for this room (since the suite was all that was left).

If you have the option, keep driving.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business