“Mike Swanson”

Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Des Moines
Naples, Florida
“Mike Swanson”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

After spending a hours at the airport this Quality Inn was a surprise. The staff was courteous, room/bathroom was clean. Family got a great night sleep. Did not have to get a cab shuttle service took care of that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is the best quality inn and suites in the neighborhood. The property management and customer service makes all the difference.

Rooms are spacious, comfortable and ultra clean. Property is conveniently located and is easily accessible. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the property. I liked the new look of the lobby and the rooms also were very comfortable especially the bed. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Only suggestion I have is that they should close the pool little bit early. I heard some noise till 11:30 pm and they close the pool at midnite.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room because it seemed that the renovation wasn't 100% complete
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Council bluffs
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was impressed with the new rooms at Quality Inn. New Carpet, New Wall Treatment, New Matresses, New Lamps, New Bedding and very clean. The lobby was also very impressive. I took some pictures that I am posting.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage try to stay on the 1st or 2nd floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rickey W
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Remodel in process but still pretty clean in the main areas. This is now a Quality Inn. By the airport, but I didn't hear planes at all. Offered a free continental breakfast with a few hot items. Very quiet, clean, nice rooms and friendly staff. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I took my grandaughter to the state fair in Aug. 2012 and most hotels were already filled. I decided on this hotel because I've stayed at Choice Hotels before with favorable results. First, the parking lot was in the back of hotel bounded by trees/brush with trash. Looked un-safe and first floor rooms had windows ground level which made me uneasy. The check-in went very well as the staff was very nice. The room we got was ground level (window w/screens & sliders) which I was nervouse about because of my grandaughter. The room was such a dump!! The beds felt like they had cheap box springs for mattresses, the bathroom was filthy with dirt in corners and rusty chrome finishes, the toilet handle totally broke (I took the lid off to rehook the level/ball) and water just ran. I let the staff know in the morning and it was taken care of when we returned. The room was SO noisy I only got a few hours of sleep each night (2 nights). There was a family above us who let their children jump on beds and run around room starting at 6 am. I don't fault the kids, as they are kids, but if the hotel had spent a little money on updating, it might have been different. The indoor pool was so COLD we couldn't swim, even though the outside temp was 95+. For all of these great amenities, I paid $140. per night!! I told the staff upon check out that this room should not have prices higher than $70 because of it's condition and was told that because of the fair, they could get those prices. Maybe so, but if people read this, it won't matter what they charge because no one will stay!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank susan a
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 23, 2012

THE GOOD:
The location is great if you're using the airport. It is right near the runways, but the noise was not bad at all. I heard a few planes coming in but not so loud as to disrupt sleep.

My room (101) was absolutely huge. It was probably really about the size of three typical hotel rooms put together. There was a whirlpool tub plus a regular tub, a sofa, recliner, and as I mentioned, just tons of space. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Great dual air conditioners in the room.

THE BAD:
The breakfast was not up to par with other hotels. It all seemed t be pretty picked over by 8am and the selection of foods was really not very broad. Two kinds of cereal, one kind of milk, limited fruit.

THE UGLY:
Hair in the bathtub, stains on the bedspread and I made a horrible mistake. I decided to sit in the recliner while watching TV. I sat down and reclined. That released a wave of HORRIBLE odor that stuck to my clothes so badly that I had to plastic-bag them to get them home to wash them. It was a combination of dampness and many kinds of different smoke (cigarettes, cigars and "other") that I can still remember. After getting out of and looking at the chair I noticed giant stains. Really disgusting. This overpowered my senses and all the other good feelings about the property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business