“Good for short over night”

Ramada Des Moines Airport
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Des Moines
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good for short over night”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Came in late; they allowed our pets which was good for an usually cold May night.
Breakfast ended too early for us to get any. Because we arrived after 1:00 we did not get up in time to eat. Breakfast til 10 would have been good. That was the only complaint.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Waverly
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The absolute best thing about this hotel is the staff. The desk clerk was wonderful. The breakfast host was attentive, friendly, and excellent. The bed was comfortable and breakfast was more than rolls, so I don't have room for complaints. In fact, I was so cozy in my bed that I accidentally slept in an extra hour. Another advantage is that this airport hotel is not under the flight paths, so it was quiet. However, ...

This hotel has recently changed names, so it wasn't in my Garmin. Oops. The carpets need replacement and things are generally dingy in appearance. I might have really freaked out about the bug in the coffee maker water well, but I am from Iowa and know a Box Elder bug when I see one (harmless and just trying to get out of the cold). On the other hand, it is evidence that the bugs have access.

If you get a good price and need an airport hotel, this is a fine spot, but do not expect luxury.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mbirgen
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly. There Bennigan's attached. Room was clean though a bit outdated. Some rooms face interior with your "window" facing the lobby - noisy. If your looking for a clean moderately priced room by the airport it fits the bill. On the plus side the bed was good quality

• Stayed March 2013
Munising, Michigan
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was my first time staying at this motel. I was in Iowa for business and was scheduled to stay there the night before I flew home. The first room they gave me was a room next to the lobby with a window that faced inside the motel which meant I would have to keep my curtain drawn while there. I asked for another room which they gladly gave me however they asked if I needed a bathtub becuase they were going to give me a handicap room which did not have a tub.... I said that would be ok but asked if the motel was full that I wasn't able to have a regular room. They said no it was not. The carpet in the room was new.... however, the shower was not very inviting in that is was old looking and not very clean looking. I was on the first floor. The curtain had holes in it - which I have not seen in a motel before! The night stand had a clock but it wasn't plugged in because only one of the outlet plugins next to the bed did not work. The room really needed some updating as there was not a lap on the table but there was a floor lamp which I moved next to the bed in front of the bedside stand. The TV is was old and was not a very clear picture. I will say the bed was very comfy. I did use the room service from the attached restaurant. The service and food was good. I also ate at the complimentary breakfast which was ok. My biggest complaint would be the price - $107 for the room. I stayed at a Hampton for $99.75 and a Comfort Suites for $107.00 both very nice, updated rooms, clean, and a good continental breakfast. The location to the airport was convenient as I used the shuttle. The staff was friendly.

Room Tip: If you are not satisfied with a room I think they would be accommodating to switch you.... just not...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Iowa
Reviewed February 27, 2013

After taking 3 international visitors to the DSM airport at 6am, we found that their flights had been cancelled, and rescheduled for the next day. Needing a place for them to spend the day and night, and wanting a nice restaurant, we stopped at the Best Western Airport Hotel. The staff was most accommodating, they let my guests check in at 6:30am, let them eat at the hot breakfast bar, and only charged $65 on a 'distressed traveler' rate. While this review cannot attest to the room quality, all other aspects of this hotel were great, and fully appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stay here for work and they are always consistently clean. Shuttle drivers are always on time to pick us up/drop off at the airport. Free breakfast is always consistent quality. For better wifi get an even number room. It's on the pool side but closer to the router. The low 200's will get you further away from the pool area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed October 24, 2012

If your going to be in the Des Moines area I would highly recommend the Magnuson Hotel at 1810 Army Post Road. We were there several weeks and had the pleasure of meeting some of the greatest people the midwest could offer. There shuttle drivers will glide you from the airport or around town. They make fabulous recommendations from the zoo to their own outstanding pizza in the Bennigans which is attached to the hotel. Its a one stop hotel. The cleaning crew is fabulous and attentive to your needs, and the Bennigans staff are some of the most outstanding servers and management I have ever meet. I use to work in the food and beverage industry and know a little about service and food. There chef is fabulous and a personnel pizza maker makes them a step above the rest. To Kisha, Eva, Cora, Mary, Cory and our little breakfast buffet gal...........We miss you and will be back soon just to see your smiling faces!

Luv
Baby Blue

Room Tip: A room over looking the indoor pool in Fab..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business