“Affordable quality!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jefferson City, Missouri
“Affordable quality!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night in Oct 2012. Staff was nice and the hotel was clean. Great pool. The breakfast buffet is at the attached Bennigans and was typical breakfast buffet quality. However, they have an awesome variety of items to choose from. The bed was comfortable and the room clean but our pillows were lumpy and hard to sleep on. The price was great - I would not hesitate staying here again.

Room Tip: There are several rooms that overlook the pool. Consequently the chlorine smell is strong in those...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Burner_T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chicago Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is not the newest and needs some remodel work. But-that takes a back seat to the fantastic staff and service provided along with the excellent full buffet breakfast included at the Bennigans restaurant adjacent to the hotel. The bar also has specials every night. The shuttle will take you anywhere within a five mile radius. It even has microwaves and small fridges in the room. Free Internet makes this hotel a super value!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Swabikedude
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

First I had a shuttle pick me up from the front door of the airport. When I got to Magnuson I was was treated very friendly. I got to meet the office staff and enjoyed meals at Bennigans. The hotel is in close proximity to Walmart, BestBuy, RadioShack, car rental, restaurants and entertainment. The lobby has the best coffee I have ever tasted "Deuy Egberts" and best of it was free. No one was in the pool area and I had it all to myself. The room was quiet, cool and the bed was cozy and comfortable. The Magnuson was a very relaxing part of my trip. ThanX

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank EndoTechGM
maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was in Des Moines recently for some business and stayed at this hotel. The front desk had my keys ready for me and check in was a breeze. I was greeted by 3 people almost immediately and even asked by a maintenance man (I believe Roger is his name) if I needed help with my luggage. My room was cozy and clean. The mattress was amazingly comfortable and I slept like a baby after such a long trip. Breakfast was delicious. I found a variety of goodies from waffles to fruit and yogurt. I later had dinner in Bennigans and the food was delicious and the service was fast and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Des Moines. Thank you Gina, Ashley, Jill, Roger and David for making my visit to Des Moines a very pleasant and restful one.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank loulouMaryland
Rockford, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We spent another weekend in DesMoines at the Magnuson Hotel near the airport. Once again, the hotel surpassed our expectations. They have ramped up their FREE hot breakfast to include AMAZING made-to-order omelets and make-your-own-waffles. The menu at the on-site Bennigans is delicious, and it is very convenient to have a few cocktails and simply walk (not drive) back to your room. The pool is HUGE and widely underused and is a great place to read the paper and sip some coffee (oh, and did I mention they have Douwe Egberts?!) The rooms are cool and dark and great for sleeping, along with extremely comfortable mattresses. I was very surprised to have 24 hour access to the complimentary shuttle service. That worked out great the evening we went downtown for dinner and drinks, and had a free (safe) return ride to the hotel at 2:00 am. I cannot believe all the added extras that are offered at this hotel. If I had to make one improvement, it would be that the breakfast stays open later (for those of us too comfortable to get out of bed).

Room Tip: Interior pool rooms stay nice and dark if you would like to sleep in later in the mornings.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Laramie, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Was expecting this hotel to be the Best Western but upon arrival it was not. They accepted pets so after being in a car for 12 hours with small children we all were ready to get out. Check in was quick and easy, nice staff. The room was nice and clean. We had a refrigertor and microwave. Nice area out back for the dog. They provide poop bags and a garbage can to dispose waste. Wish we had time to use the pool it looked nice...but the best part was we could order food from Bennigans (the restuarant in the hotel) and they delivered to your room for free! What a great relief to not have to leave the hotel to look for food with two tired and cranky babies! Plus the food was great (turkey burgers) and they delivered beers too!!! We were one happy mama and papa! The only complaint which we didn't really care about was the breakfast at bennigans in the morning was terrible. We were given coupons for the breakfast....the coffee was terrible, the omlette wasn't cooked, scrambled eggs were dried out...good waffles though which you got to make....I can see some people liking it though...we however did not!! Overall great place would stay again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Upon our arrival we were tired and ready for dinner as it was getting late. The lady who checked us in was a bit rude and condescending. When we asked where are rooms were she generally told us. A guy was walking by and appeared to be security? He could tell we were a bit confused and directed us to our rooms and recommended the restitution on site, I forget the name. We saw him again and he was sure to make conversation and ask if he could better out stay! If this hotel was smart they would have this guy working their front desk! Other than the front desk host it was a good stay!

• Stayed September 2012