“Now this is pizza!!!”

Cuisines: French
Des Moines, Iowa
“Now this is pizza!!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Sonny's can be a little bit hard to find, but search it out if you love pizza!
Nice crispy crust, great sauce, a nice variety of toppings all baked to perfection. What's not too love? This town has lots of pizza joints but we think Sonny's is the best by far.
But Sonny's is more than just pizza. It serves up lots of great pasta dishes and yummy sandwiches.
Our favorites: Sonny Supreme Pizza that has a whole bunch of good stuff, the Sicilian Shrimp Pasta and the Chef's Pasta.
All served up by friendly, attentive and very efficient servers.
We also like how the owners are always present and making sure everything is okay.
Once you find Sonny's---and you'll be glad you did---you're sure to go back often. We do! It's small and can get crowded. And if you have to wait for a table, do it. It's worth the wait.

• Visited May 2012

West Des Moines, Iowa
“BEST Grinders in town.”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Small and quaint and the food is amazing. Service is also excellent!!!!!!!!

Visited November 2011
Norwalk, Iowa
“A restaurant that I will visit again...”
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I wanted a quiet, intimate restaurant that my date and I could have a nice conversation. Sonny's Bistro was recommended to me by a friend who is a regular there. The service was awesome, the food very good, and the price reasonable. As first time customers, I asked our waitress Seirra, for recommendations. She proved very knowledgeable and helpful. All in all we had a pleasant dining experiance, and we will certainly be back.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Unbelievably Good Food, Great Service!”
Reviewed May 6, 2009

On a recent business trip to Des Moines, a colleague recommended Sonny's. My fellow traveling companion is Italian and is very picky about Italian food, but we decided to give it a shot.

Sonny's is a small place, but they have great food and even better service. My friend got Italian sausage (which is homemade) over angel hair pasta and a sauce that is a mixture of alfredo & marinara (I forgot what they called it. Her meal was delicious! I tasted her sausage and the sauce. They had brought her an extra side of sauce which I promptly stole to dip my pizza!

I shared a pizza with meatballs, sausage & roasted red peppers. It was so good! Just the right amounts of sauce and cheese and the perfect thickness of crust...not too thin, not too thick.

The wine flowed, the service was great and we will definitely return here the next time we are in Iowa!

2 Thank hdopson