“Must Stop!!”

B & B Grocery Meat & Deli
Ranked #55 of 579 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We visited Des Moines for a few days and found this place based on several positive online reviews. The place is not much to look at but don't let the looks fool you. We were so happy we stopped. The staff was very friendly and the meat was some of the freshest we have ever seen. We ordered a pork tenderloin sandwich, the dad's killer and the Italian killer. All were great and we recommend this as a must stop.

2  Thank Stubailer
There are newer reviews for B & B Grocery Meat & Deli

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were passing through Des Moines and saw this place on Bizzare Foods. If you weren't looking for it, you'd never find it. It's a grocery store with a deli in the back. Lot's of seating. Me and my partner both had the Pork tenderloin sandwich. We got the smaller sized one and it was pretty big. We both got 2 drinks, the sandwiches, and potato salad and it was under $20.

2  Thank Beejmcgillashaw
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the type of place where you go and the owners know your name. It is a local deli that has been in Des Moines for years. Situated on the southeast side of Des Moines, just minutes from the Capitol, B&B Grocery has a fantastic reputation for providing excellent pork tenderloins. It was this reputation that brought my friends and I to this place, and we were not disappointed.
We arrived just after noon on a Saturday. The deli is located in the back corner of this grocery store. We placed our orders and took a seat to wait. After a few minutes, the orders came out, we paid, and then sat in their eating area while we devoured our meals. A few bites into my sandwich, I asked my friends what they thought -- all thumbs up. I had a double-cheeseburger. The meat was cooked the way I wanted it and my side of potato salad was excellent.
Needless to say, I will be coming back here again and again.

1  Thank Darin J
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Not much to look at from the outside -- or from the inside for that matter. But this is an overwhelmingly friendly, family-run sandwich counter with some seriously outstanding sandwiches. We're from out of town and have only had the chance to try a few items on the menu (we made a slight detour on a cross-country trip to try B&B after seeing a favorable review in Saveur magazine), but the items we had were delicious -- especially the homemade potato chips and enormous (but impressively thin and crispy) breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches. Definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank TravelTeam12
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Inconsistent. Sometimes sandwiches are not as ordered. Nice people though.

1  Thank Livinglifefull