“Wow!”

Dining options: Seating
Iowa
“Wow!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The chocolates here are among the best I've ever had. There were a few unique items that I have never seen before in either a candy store or a chocolate shop. We purchased about 30 pieces and every piece was amazing. I can't recommend this place enough, I'm only glad I live 3 hours away so I can't indulge very often!!!

• Visited March 2014

“If you find yourself in Des Moines, check this place out!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Chocolaterie Stam is one of the best things Des Moines has to offer. Here we are blessed with a chocolate shop whose only other branches are in Amsterdam. It's a little pricey, but I've never had anything that I didn't think was worth every penny.
I go for the chocolates and marzipan. My favorites are probably the fan-shaped tea chocolates and the cream... rodents (I've heard them called mice or hedgehogs, lol). And any marzipan product- fruits, toasted marzipan, chocolate marzipan creams. They have gelato, wonderful drinks, and assorted goodies. Also a wonderful staff in what could easily be a uppity place. Visit the big store on Ingersoll or the little shop in Valley West mall, but be sure to go if you love fine chocolate.

WEST DES MOINES, IOWA
“Superior imported chocolate”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

in all sorts of fun shapes, year round. They also make some of the best gelato you will find in Des Moines. My favorite is the pink grapefruit which has seen me through MANY a hot Summer's day!

Visited December 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
“Chocolate, coffee, wine”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

What's not to like? Chocolaterie Stam is based in Des Moines, Iowa, and also Amsterdam. How lucky we don't have to travel overseas to find these incredible, artisan chocolates. In dozens of beautiful shapes and melt-in-your-mouth flavors, this is where you want to buy chocolate! It's where I go anytime I need a gift for a friend.

Visited November 2012
“Chocolicious!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a great place in Des Moines to enjoy a wonderful dessert of chocolate, with a good cup of coffee. Gelato is available in a number of flavors. The decor is fancy, so you are treating yourself to the full experience. Gifts are available for purchase, These confections melt in your mouth!

• Visited November 2011