“Chicken” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Ankeny, Iowa
“Chicken”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

Better than KFC that is for sure but it is a little over priced and staff is unprofressional.

Visited April 2011

West Des Moines, Iowa
“Ghetto-fabulous as usual”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2009

Last night I ventured back to the Popeye's Merle Hay. Man was I in for a treat! They have added fried Crawfish to the menu. Two Hamilton's later I was staring at a tray loaded with a catfish dinner, order of crawfish, spicy yard bird, cajun fries, red beans and rice, jambalaya, 4 biscuits and a jumbo orange drink! Now I loves me some spicy food and the yard bird and crawfish hit the spot. When I asked my boo how her catfish dinner was she noticed that the 3 piece dinner was missing two pieces! I said "oh naw you di'int" and marched back up to the counter and asked for the rest of my catfish. 3.5 minutes later 2 pieces of catfish were produced hot'n'fresh out the kitchen. What can I say it used to be that the requirement was that if you could count to 8 you weren't hired at popeye's now the standard must be you can't be able to count to 3. Inspite of this ghetto fabulous experience I will return because they put a chemical in the beans and chickent that make you crave it fortnightly.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love it, wife doesn't...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2009

I love it, wife doesn't. :-( Spicy chicken and mashed potatoes.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook