“Quick lunch, personal touch”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grounds For Celebration
Ranked #16 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Des Moines
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 19, 2018

My favorite lunch at Grounds for Celebration, Windsor Heights, is their chicken salad on croissant with a side of fresh fruit. Add a glass of iced coffee now with this hot weather and you are set for the afternoon. Delicious

Reviewed March 3, 2017

My daughter and I stopped here while shopping at Beaverdale Books. I had a large mild but tasty coffee (which came in a very tall porcelain mug) and my daughter had a vanilla latte which she said was good. We shared a slice of yummy carrot cake which had perhaps a smidge too much frosting. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming, comfortable and cozy. Nice little place. We will be back.

Reviewed April 15, 2016 via mobile

I've been here twice now, and it continues to be very middle of the road. The Flavor profiles of the coffee are decent, but the knowledge around them is seemingly non-existent. The service is quick and the employees are relatively courteous and friendly. The ambience is decent and it's a good choice to hang out, as the Starbucks that's roughly a half mile away is always jammed.
Better knowledge of the coffee and the need to ask customers if they want to sample an unknown coffee is truly needed. Particularly if the employee has not tried the coffee or cannot accurately describe what the coffee is all about. (Region of origin, flavor profile, roast, etc) It's a coffee shop. Be experts in coffee!
I'll return if I was driving by, but I would not go out of my way to return.

Reviewed September 14, 2015

I like this place because they are quieter and local. Their coffee is not my favorite, but I like the scones a lot. I go their for the atmosphere to focus and do work, read, reflect, etc. It's also centrally located in Windsor Heights near the interstate. So meeting people there is just as easy as the starbucks nearby.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I'm a card carrying coffee snob and wouldn't think of drinking the acid at Starbucks. I get all my beans at GfC and have never been disappointed. The staff are always friendly and helpful. The food is very good too. Best coffee house in the metro.