“Wonderful Thai food!”

Cuisines: Thai
Emmett, Kansas
“Wonderful Thai food!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We live in an area without Thai restaurants so when we travel we always look for one. While in Iowa recently we discovered the awesome Thai Flavors. We went on a Friday afternoon introducing Thai to two folks who had never experienced the great food. They loved it! As did we, as a matter of fact it was SO good we went back the next day for another meal. We were completely happy with everything ordered and the great service. I think I'd travel out of my way to eat there again. If you're in Des Moines do yourself a favor and stop at Thai Flavors.

• Visited November 2013

Rutledge, Missouri
“Fantastic food, excellent service”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Don't be dissuaded by the store-front look of Thai Flavors. Take the plunge and go inside for a great food experience! There were four of us and we sampled each others' dishes; all were excellent - we had the pad thai, a curry dish, and one of the soups (sorry, I can't remember which one, but it was filled to the brim with fresh vegetables and an incredible broth). Service was friendly but not intrusive, and they kept our water glasses filled without asking. The atmosphere was somewhat casual but I would have felt comfortable coming here for an evening out, too. My only complaint would be the halogen lights hanging down over the tables - they are way too bright, and hot.

Overall, an excellent experience!

Iowa
“Very, very good authentic Thai cuisine”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

If you're thinking of going, just do it! You won't be sorry. The food is totally droolworthy. If you are afraid of Thai dishes that are too spicy to eat... never fear. This establishment has a "requested spice level" scale running from no spice to level 6 spice, which I'm pretty sure would set your socks on fire. My hubby and I had Tom Yum Soup, Three Flavors Fish & Pad Thai all at level 2 which was perfect. Just a nice little kick to it without having to reach for the water glass after every bite. The fish was amazing. I almost gave a 4 star rating instead of five as the location is a little run down. The restaurant is located in an small older strip mall and the lot and general area were in need of a little TLC. But once you get inside all is good. Courteous, friendly and knowledgeable wait staff. Clean comfortable dining atmosphere with white tablecloths under glass, cloth napkins and water goblets. Fast service. Reasonable prices. And best of all, fantastic food.

Des Moines, Iowa
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a great restaurant, took husband and son for the first time and they raved about the food, the service was wonderful, the food was quick, fresh, great presentation. We had spider sushi, crab rangoon, egg rolls, healthy rolls (my fav) and our entrees, no complaints with anything. Our server kept our drinks full and checked with us often. Husband said he would definately try it again soon.

San Antonio, Texas
“Great Pad Thai and Sushi - Service and Atmosphere Great”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Wife and I went here about 1800 on a thursday evening. About 20 patrons there and we had no problem with seating or service. We had the sampler appetizer, Chicken Pad thai (On a 3 of 6 scale) Spider sushi and a California roll sushi with a shared coke. Restaurant was quiet, clean and we were able to enjoy a nice conversation. The meals were freshly prepared and the presentation on the sushi was more than what I expected. Yes, I agree with some of the other reviews in that you shouldn't judge this place by it's exterior. Walked out an hour later and $36 poorer excluding tip and full with 2 to go boxes. Highly recommended and based off of this experience, I will return! Thanks for reading.

Here's a tip: The sampler came with TOFU yuck! Waitress said you are able to substitute with anything on the "Sampler"... So next time we will be getting extra pot stickers! :) Sweet!

• Visited April 2013