“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #43 of 574 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Thai
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a great restaurant, took husband and son for the first time and they raved about the food, the service was wonderful, the food was quick, fresh, great presentation. We had spider sushi, crab rangoon, egg rolls, healthy rolls (my fav) and our entrees, no complaints with anything. Our server kept our drinks full and checked with us often. Husband said he would definately try it again soon.

• Visited June 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“Great Pad Thai and Sushi - Service and Atmosphere Great”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Wife and I went here about 1800 on a thursday evening. About 20 patrons there and we had no problem with seating or service. We had the sampler appetizer, Chicken Pad thai (On a 3 of 6 scale) Spider sushi and a California roll sushi with a shared coke. Restaurant was quiet, clean and we were able to enjoy a nice conversation. The meals were freshly prepared and the presentation on the sushi was more than what I expected. Yes, I agree with some of the other reviews in that you shouldn't judge this place by it's exterior. Walked out an hour later and $36 poorer excluding tip and full with 2 to go boxes. Highly recommended and based off of this experience, I will return! Thanks for reading.

Here's a tip: The sampler came with TOFU yuck! Waitress said you are able to substitute with anything on the "Sampler"... So next time we will be getting extra pot stickers! :) Sweet!

• Visited April 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“SLOW service, food is ok”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was craving Thai food on a Sunday, and this is the only place I could find open. My friends love this place. I'm not sure why. Our service was the worst I have ever had. So SLOW. Our appetizers were out and devoured before she took our orders for the entree. We waited 40 minutes for our drinks. My meal was much spicier than I intended, and some refills on drinks would have been nice but the waitress never came around. They let you order the spiciness of your food on a scale from one to 5, I chose 2 and it was way too hot. My friends ordered their meal at a 3 and mine was hotter. And the food was just ok anyway. I don't recommend this place. This was my second visit, my first visit was very similar.

• Visited September 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Approaching the restaurant one sees a storefront at one end of a strip mall in a not-too-upper-class neighborhood, but don't be fooled: this is one of the best Thai restaurants we have ever experienced, both in the quality of the food and of the service. We came here after seeing a baseball game on a Sunday evening. We ordered the pumpkin curry, which we had not seen on any other Thai restaurant's menu and it's excellent! We had it with chicken and the flavors came together perfectly. The sweet basil with beef was also great, as was a noodle dish. The young lady who served us did not speak English well but she more than made up for it with her attentiveness. We will definitely return here when we are back in Des Moines!

• Visited August 2012
“Flavorful”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This Thai restaurant is certainly a jewel in the rough. Once you enter the restaurant you realize that this is the real deal....don't let the exterior fool you. The food is flavorful and fresh. No buffets here...they cook it as you order it. Nice staff, great food and a decent wine list make this a great evening out on the cheap. I highly recommend this place...don't miss it.

• Visited June 2012