“Decent food, but I preferred their previous setting in Beaverdale. I'm not a big fan of the buffet.”
Review of India Star

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Pleasant Hill, Iowa
Reviewed April 27, 2008

Okay Indian restaurant. They have a buffet that's pretty good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 2, 2008

I absolutely agree with Pream. After looking at the menu, I thought prices are not bad. But, after tasting the food and looking at the quantity, I felt that it was microwavable food from an Indian Grocery store. Americans like this food because they might not have tasted some good Indian food. But if you are an Indian and looking for some good food then I suggest you to cook and eat at home only. Atleast you will save some time and money.

1  Thank ILoveMyCivic
Reviewed April 6, 2007

Unlike previous reviews of this restaurant, this is a quite good Indian restaurant. Having eaten at countless Indian restaurants in New York, Sidney, and London, the food is comparable to many Indian restaurants in the above cities. Sure, it's not fancy, but the food is certainly worthwhile. Additionally, there are multiple Indian families dining in this restaurant and their carry-out business is thriving as well.

Reviewed April 4, 2007

I am married to a Pakistani and have eaten my mother-in-law's excellent cooking for more than 25 years. But she's 12 hours away now. Thankfully, Baba's India Star supplies my husband and me with outstanding Indian dishes, including, chicken masala--a perfectly balanced treat of spices, creaminess, and chunks of chicken breast. Pindhi (okra), banghin (eggplant), naan, alu parantha (chapati bread w/ lightly seasoned layer of potato between), dal, everything we eat here is outstanding and made fresh, making the wait well worth it. This only scratches the surface of the extensive menu offerings that include lamb, chicken, and beef; vegetarian dishes, curries, and most anything an Indian appetite could desire. The appetizers are the best!
Lunchtime buffets include chicken curry, a variety of vegetable dishes, and fresh, hot, perfectly cooked naan.
Chai is a perfect blend of spices--always a great way to end a meal, although a variety of desserts are also delicious.
We've never been disappointed. Also, the staff is friendly, helpful, and always courteous.

2  Thank KDZMOM