“Best Fried Chicken in Des Moines”
Review of High Life Lounge

High Life Lounge
Ranked #4 of 53 Nightlife in Des Moines
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Heard about this place from co-workers decided to finally try it. I ordered the breast/wing with mac n cheese and BBQ baked beans - everything was delicious! No expensive at all the whole meal $9.00. Will definitely go back there.

Atmosphere is it looks like a neighborhood bar with old time decor but remember you're not there for the decor you're there for the food.

Full Bar

Enjoy!

1  Thank cheeks1020

Reviewed April 21, 2011

Service is a joke, waitresses and bartenders are basically worthless - even by 'drive-bar' standards. Bartenders will just stare into space while you stand there waving a $20 and shouting for thier attention. Waitresses are even worse. They'll spend all their time talking with each other and not doing much else. Started a tab at the bar and then moved to a table after things opened up. We go to leave and she gives me only my bill from the table and refuses to combine the totals or to walk the extra three feet to the bar register to close out my bar tab. they also left a paying party of seven standing while a single individual held FIVE tables of four seats each for almost two hours -- and last week we were told that customers are not allowed to reserve tables.

Good cheap food and cheap beer on 'crappy beer night' but the staff are worthless.

1  Thank averagezak
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Thursday - Crappy Beer Night {cheap beer} and cheap {good food} eats make a great combo--- try it you will like it...

Reviewed August 26, 2009

How is this possibly the number 5 thing to do in Des Moines. Cheap looking, scuzzy, dated bar. Another fine testament to the low standards of Iowan's. Paneling, shag carpet, etc. Went to a company function after hours here, I think I stayed for 15 minutes until the guest of honor arrived and I could give my congrats. I'm not sure what the appeal is but I would give this place lowest marks in pretty much every possible way. To be fair I did not eat here so I can't comment on the food but even if it was the best food imagineable (which I find doubtful) I still think I'd never find a reason to go back.