“Great meal, tasty local beer and pool”
Review of Raccoon River Brewing Company - CLOSED

Raccoon River Brewing Company
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mullbery
Atlanta, GA
“Great meal, tasty local beer and pool”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great atmosphere and excellent service with an upscale brewpub menu that was prepared perfectly. The house-made beers were delicious and I enjoyed the pool tables upstairs too. If I lived in Des Moines, this would be a frequent stop.

Visited March 2013

Des Moines, Iowa
“Alot of hype around the brew and not the food”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

If you like IPA's and craft beers you wil probably like this place. The food has been hit or miss. Of the last half dozen times I have been there I have had great food and horrible food. Try it and I hope you get a good night.

Visited September 2012
Poteau
“Fun time in Des Moines”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had driven through Des Moines more than a dozen times but never visited the downtown area before. I spent 4 days in Des Moines and was surprisingly impressed. First they have miles of connected skywalks which makes walking around downtown very easy, they also have a free shuttle bus that loops through downtown and the state capital area. One place I ate at was Raccoon River Brewing. The food and service were excellent. They have their own brews but I did not really care for any that I sampled. Their prices are very reasonable and they have a good variety of selections.

• Visited March 2013
Spery, Iowa
“Great recommendation”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Was recommended to us, and we were very happy with everything. Staff was great, ice tea was refilled quickly, margarita was tasty and the waiter was attentive without being obnoxious.

Mac & Cheese was great, classic cheeseburger with bacon was great, margarita pizza was great. Food arrived quickly.

I would definitely return, there were many items I would like to try!

• Visited March 2013
des moines, iowa
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is the only place in town my applebees loving sister and I can agree on. traditional enough to appease her unadventurous palate while being interesting and good enough to satisfy the foodie in me. Beer is great too. My #3 favorite beer of all time is the vanilla cream ale.

Visited November 2012