“Not bad....just need a better menu”
Review of Raccoon River Brewing Company - CLOSED

Raccoon River Brewing Company
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mullbery
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I think they have improved the menu since our last visit, and will go again, but you are "stuck" with their brews if you are looking for a name brand. (they have some but I got the impression they were pushing theirs for a profit motive). Will go again as the environment is good.

There are newer reviews for Raccoon River Brewing Company

Reviewed August 13, 2012

My wife and I went to Raccoon River after the state fair for a nice evening meal. Yes, you can avoid food on a stick at the State Fair. We each ordered one of the their gourmet hamburgers. The sandwiches were simply amazing. My wife had a simple Yankee which is a bacon cheeseburger with their signature IPA BBQ sauce. I had the St. Paddy Melt which was outstanding. You could tell that the ingredients were fresh and prepared to order. Oh, their craft beers are pretty good as well. The only problem was the service. It was a slow night and it seemed as if we were ignored for the most part. Something as simple as a refill of iced tea took over ten minutes. The food and atmosphere made up for the service.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is located adjacent to the Hotel Fort Des Moines, so I have been here a couple of evenings when i was working late. I love their fish and chips, although the portion size is enormous. They do have some interesting brew flavors, but honestly I am more of a Scotch guy so I probably don't appreciate it as much as others.

I thought the food prices were a little high.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My family loves this place, but my husband and I brew better beer at home. The food is pretty good but the wait staff we had the last visit was average. Their calamari and dumplings are really good from the appetizer menu. The also make a really good pizza.

There are pool tables and a bar on the upper deck and a more casual atmosphere. Down stairs is a bit classier. Overall, it was a nce evening out!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

A group of 11 of us ate after graduation. They handled our large table and four other large parties with one incident. The food is typical micro brewery food but it tasted like it came out of someone's kitchen at home. Sandwiches are huge and yummy. All for a good price. The total bill for 11, food and drinks, was $174 and that included the tip which they made sure we knew was added in already.