“Amazing Room in an Amazing City!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Des Moines Downtown

Residence Inn Des Moines Downtown
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Des Moines
Athens, Georgia
“Amazing Room in an Amazing City!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

There are not enough words to explain how wonderful our stay here was. From the early check-in(we arrived sometime around 11) to the wonderful hotel staff and more. Our room was perfect and modern. I loved the layout of everything. The shower was really cool(definitely want that kind in my future home). Breakfast was simply amazing!! We loved all the choices available to us. I liked that, not only could we take our food to our room, but that they also had nice seating areas with tvs in the lobby for individual tables. The lady keeping all the food hot and making sure there was enough was really nice in helping us out with the waffle irons. I loved the security of using the hotel room key to access the elevators. The free internet was definitely a big plus for us. We came to DSM for our wedding/short honeymoon and I am so glad I stayed in the hotel. We now plan on moving to the DSM area and will forever use this hotel the next few years when we visit.

I wish I knew all the names of the employees who were so helpful to us so I could personally give them some credit here.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper request a room that faces the parking garage, less likely to be woken up...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daryl R, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines Downtown, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Congratulations on your recent nuptials!!!
We are so happy to be have been a part of this blessed event.
It warms our hearts knowing we enhanced your stay with great service, amazing food and a perfect room.
Please revisit us again very soon.
Thank you for being here with us and for taking the time to write such a memorable review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Ottumwa, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel opened in January 2014. It is a nice hotel. Excellent service. The hotel is located next to the railroad tracks is my only complaint. Great location for visiting the civic center, science center, and the farmers' market.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Traveler13333
We are happy to hear you experienced the excellent service we pride ourselves on.
Of course being a new property we love knowing our guests have a chance to take advantage of our great location in the heart of downtown, close to everything.
Thanks for staying with us and for your review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

I recently stayed at this location for two nights while in Des Moines for an interview. Since I was searching for a location in the downtown area, I ended up choosing this particular place because of the price. (It was a little disappointing to have to pay $15 a night for parking; I should've read the fine print.) The staff were all very attentive and accommodating. The food was fine. The room and everything in it was up to date and very clean. If I ever build a new house, I will include a shower like the one in my room. My room was on the 5th floor. My guest and I were pleasantly surprised when we heard the train horn, looked out the window, and a train was on the tracks heading to the river. We both thought it was awesome! I will definitely stay here again if in town and would highly recommend to others. I'd say this hotel should rate higher than the #12 hotel in Des Moines.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Mary H
Great price, convenient downtown location, attentive staff and the added bonus of a train.
Sounds like a wonderful combination.
Thanks for sharing your experience and letting us know we are a hotel your would recommend and best of all visit again.
Looking forward to your next visit.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday in February 2014. The decorations were wonderful, the room was very comfortable, and the location was perfect. It was so close to all of our favorite restaurants and bars that we barely felt the winter weather on our way to and from.

We stayed on a Saturday, so parking on the street was free. Just a note that parking at a meter during the week can be pricey, but the hotel does have a parking ramp. Unfortunately, our view was of the ramp and construction equipment outside. I'm hoping the view will become a nice garden or something when it's done.

The pool wasn't anything to write home about, but it was very enjoyable. We didn't like that the hot tub has to warm up, but I appreciate the green effort. Also, the front desk allowed us to stay a little later while the heat rose.

We slept so well that we never heard the train others mentioned. Everything in the room worked fine and the breakfast provided was delicious. Overall, this was one of the best hotels we've stayed in the Des Moines area, especially downtown. We plan on staying again sometime soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Crystal L
Thank you for your review and for staying at the new Residence Inn Des Moines Downtown.
We are pleased you found the accommodations to be comfortable, and took advantage of our great location (1 block from the Court Ave Entertainment District.
The best part is hearing about your plans to return and stay with us again.
See you soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I recently stayed here on business. The hotel is well appointed, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The desk area was large with ample outlets for all of your electronics. The bathroom was very generous, especially the shower. I liked that you were not standing on a floor drain while showering as the drain is on the end of the shower. The bed was firm without being hard. The evening socials and dinners are a great extra, especially in bad weather. The location is convenient to sites downtown and local restaurants. Ramp parking was also welcome in the cold. There is a $15 fee for parking. The trains do shake the building when they go buy so if you are a light sleeper, that may be a problem. Overall, this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve M
We appreciate that you have taken the time to review our property after your recent stay.
We are extremely pleased you experienced all the amenities we hope our guests will experience.
Friendly staff, large room, spacious bathroom - an overall comfortable environment.
Plus enjoying the bonus of our complimentary meals.
A satisfied guest - all we can ask for.
Hopefully we will see you again some time soon.
Thanks again for staying with us and for your review,
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Joshua, Tyler and Darryl were the best! Rooms are nice and have full kitchens. They will shop for you if you give them a list
Be sure you ask for a high floor to avoid the train noise and vibration at all hours of the night
Will definitely ale this my he when travels bring me to Des Moines

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Daryl R, General Manager at Residence Inn Des Moines Downtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thanks for recognizing the efforts of my team members to enhance your stay and experience at our brand new property.
We are glad you appreciated all the amenities, such a grocery shopping, provided free of charge.
Nice to know we made this your "Home Away from Home".
See you again real soon.
CLEAR LAKE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We pulled in on a Saturday evening after a very long day. A recent funeral and other issues left us completely drained.I also am recovering from a broken ankle. A young man toke control of the situation and put us in a very quite and accommodating room. We ordered some very good local pizza and comfortably let a long day slip away. Thanks Residence!

Room Tip: This hotel loves reward members!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am genuinely thrilled to hear we helped you hit the pause button on a long day and journey with superb service and sincere caring.
We reached our goal and yours as well during this brief stay.
Hopefully the lasting impression will prompt you to return under less trying circumstances to further enjoy the hotel, staff and area.
Thank you for the feedback.