“Friendly Staff-Quick Service-Tasty Food”

The Fighting Burrito
Ranked #265 of 581 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had been working outside, downtown all day one Sunday. I was tired, hungry and it was late. I had wanted to try this build-your-own burrito place for some time and took a chance they would be open. They were! I walked in and up to the menu. I clearly had the "I'm exhausted and can't think straight" look on my face because the guy behind the counter asked if I just wanted to build my own. He kindly and patiently walked me through the process of building two burritos (one for my husband, I wasn't THAT hungry). The other employee prepared all my packaging while the first employee was putting together my order. I added chips and queso and was out of the restaurant about 5 minutes after I walked in. Even after the 20 minute drive home, the food was very tasty. I love eating fresh and local from kind employees!!!