“Delicious, Zesty, Great Service”
Review of Spaghetti Works

Spaghetti Works
Ranked #89 of 574 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Saint Peters, Missouri
“Delicious, Zesty, Great Service”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Well rounded menu to fit almost any taste. We had 7 in our group, and we were all served in a very timely manner with hot meals with enough time for us to have enjoyed an ample visit to the wide variety salad bar selection(incl with most entrées). Service was spot on, suggestions were accurate based on request preference, and food was delivered hot, tasty and well presented. Descent beer and beverage selection. Would registry recommend for those needing to get their Italian fix while in town.

West Des Moines, Iowa
“Only if you must”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I did a business lunch here recently. The lunch menu appears to be the same as the dinner menu which means you're paying way too much to eat here.

The good:
They took a peak lunch reservation for our group of 18 on short notice
Service was fairly fast for the size of our group
Server was friendly and asked about refills
A couple baskets of garlic bread were added to our table with the order so that seemed nice
Hand sanitizer at the salad bar is a great idea

The not so good:
$3 up charge on a sammich for the salad bar and the plates are the smallest I've seen anywhere
Fairly pedestrian salad bar nothing exciting
Plan on 13$ per person unless you get a sammich then 9$ (too dear imo for lunch)

The bad:
Not sure if they just had a big spill when we got there but the whole place smelled like a bottle of wine had been dropped on the floor
Chicken Parm was the definition of 'rubber chicken' I think it would be extremely difficult to make chicken this bad
Marinara sauce was loaded with onions, if you don't like them you'll not like the sauce-I found it ok but not what I'd call good
All portion sizes were small for the cost, it's pasta-so pile it up at least. Noodles and Company regular size is larger than the portions I saw served today and N&C sells at half the price with better atmo.

There are far to many good places to eat for me to ever return here.

• Visited December 2013
Urbandale
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“White Clam Pasta with Hair”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

While eating White Clam Pasta, noticed I was chewing on a hair. Discussed it with the server, who said he told someone. No manager ever came to our table. The next day I contacted Spaghetti Works via their web site. I had to contact them twice to even get a lame response.

1 Thank 4moo
Hochstadt, Germany
“Good food and services at reasonable prices”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went there after a friend's recommendation. They offer pasta, pizza, chicken and so on. Quite a huge restaurant, looking italian with the typical red and white tablecloths.

We ordered pasta. You can choose which kind of pasta (e.g. angel hair, bowtie, spaghetti,..) und choose your sauce (original, pestosauce, spicy marinara,...) it comes with garlicbread and salad (saladbar). Not only are the drinks free refill, also the pasta is. When you finished your first plate, the waiter/waitress asks you if you want a second one. You can get as many as you want for free. The prices were reasonable, if not cheap for kind of all you can eat.

The waitress was very friendly and attentive. Definitely recommended!

1 Thank Katarina A
St Paul, MN
“Was I at a cafeteria”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very disappointed with it. Nice atmosphere, but if you get there and have to wait there is no bar or anywhere to sit. When I got my food I didn't know if this was an appetizer or snack or what. The pasta was in a tiny bowl with very limited sauce, honestly thought i was at a hospital cafeteria or the like. Very unimpressed and would not go back.