“Best Tenderloins in Town!”

Nick's Tenderloin and Italian Beef
Cuisines: American, Italian
Des Moines, Iowa
“Best Tenderloins in Town!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Nick's tenderloins are made fresh upon ordering so they are hot every time. I can order them at the counter to go and top them the way that I prefer them. I like that I can order a tenderloin in 3 different sizes at Nicks. Oh, the onion rings are great to!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tammy C

Des Moines, Iowa
“Best Tenderloin Ever!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had heard from several fellow locals that Nick's had sandwiches to die for. They were absolutely right. This was quite possibly the best tenderloin I'd ever had. The meat was thick but tender and cooked all the way through. It was served hot and fresh. I actually had to wait a few minutes to eat it because it was so hot, which is a welcome alternative to some establishments' idea of "hot." They have a small topping bar where you can add what you want-hot peppers, ketchup, mustard, onions, pickels, etc.-to make the sandwich your own. I ordered the queen-size because I thought I was starving and could barely finish it. Our table also shared an order of onion rings which were also amazing. The batter was light and crispy on the thin-to-medium size slices of onions. They were delicious. My husband had the Italian beef. I stole a bite and thought it was also very tasty. He talked about it for two days afterwards so I know he loved it. Besides the excellent food, the service was outstanding. It had a small, local diner feel which was very nice. We found out that on Mondays, the restaurant offers Veterans a discount! Nobody in our group has served in the military but we're glad to support a restaurant that supports those who supported our freedoms. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited July 2013