“Love Bonanza. Always too much food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“Love Bonanza. Always too much food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We used to eat at Bonanza in Beatrice, NE when I was growing up. Chopped Steak with Mushrooms everytime! Have eaten here a couple of times when visiting Des Moines. Never disappointed.

• Visited November 2012

iowa
“Great Place to take the Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I love this place . Great food Low prices . Evertime we get to Des moines we must get here . The buffet is always a great choice to do if you are in a rush . I will be back

• Visited March 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“The food was all good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The food was all good, and that is what I came for ... not for the atmosphere

I just ordered the buffet. The host was ready to run through all my options, but I cut them off, no steak.

About ½ the food was labeled, so being a person with food allergies, I had to ask what a couple of items were. Salad bar all looked fresh and what I had all tasted fresh (except the black olives … those I only like fresh out a can.)

Besides two helpings of salad, I also had ‘Oreo whip,’ corn, garlic bread sticks, ham & potato casserole. For mean I had couple of kinds of chicken and meat balls in sausage gravy. The meat balls were better the 1st two helpings, by the 3rd they had lost their appeal :)

Food was all good, the black olives were the only thing I left on my plate.

• Visited March 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
“A warm welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've reviewed this restaurant before; my son and I take my aunt here for lunch when we come to visit. On this occasion, it had been some time since our last meal here, as my aunt (mid-80s) had been hospitalized and in rehabilitation; this was her first outing after returning home.

The food was fresh, diverse, and enjoyable. But my reason for wanting to update the review is the awesome service we received. Staff welcomed my aunt, were attentive to her needs (she now uses a walker), and made her visit extra-special. They couldn't have been more kind and friendly, and she was delighted.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Solotravel-lover
Des Moines, Iowa
“Good buffet choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I enjoyed the buffet because I love the huge salad bar they had. Also they were able to get the pizza with my choice of toppings

Visited January 2013