“Don't let a buffet scare you away”
Review of Bonanza Steakhouse

Bonanza Steakhouse
Ranked #358 of 574 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Des Moines, Iowa
“Don't let a buffet scare you away”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Typically buffets are gross as well as the people that visit them. Even though I have lived in Des Moines my entire I life, last year was the first time we visited this Bonanza. I was very surprised. It's not a typical buffet where there are swarms of obese people fighting for food. The place is very mellow, very clean & the employees are very nice & attentive. The buffet food is very good as well. Occasionally I do order a lunch from the menu in addition to the salad bar. I can't say that the steak is great. It's what you'd expect. Not good, not awful. I usually just stick to the salad bar & buffet when I come here. Overall it's a quick decent place to go to for lunch on the weekend.

• Visited February 2012

Ankeny
“Very good food,staff,selection,salad and desert bar is outstanding.”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

If you have a chance to experience a Bonanza do it. The price and selection of food is outstanding. From the salad bar to main courses and then on to the desert bar is a truely great experience. If you walk away from Bonanza hungry it is your own fault. The Des Moines, Iowa Bonanza is exlemplory.If you are traviling through Des Moines on I-80 and I-35 just make it a point to stop on NE 14th (ext. 136) and pay a visit. You won't be sorry. My wife and myself eat there often and the WINGS are great take out items upon which we are ordering a 50 lot to-go for the super bowl this Sunday.

• Visited January 2012
Topeka, Kansas
“I look forward to eating here.”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I do trade shows for a living, so I am traveling every weekend. When doing a show in des Moines, I make sure to hit this place at least once. I have never had bad food here, and the staff has always been courteous to me.

Des Moines, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible, awful!”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

This was not a good expierence at all, there was a lack of choices at the buffet..service was lacking and the food was just awful. I will NEVER step foot in another Bonanza again, sad because I used to love this place..go across the street to Montana Mikes it has good food, fast service and its clean ......worth the small price diffrence.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank B G
Jefferson, Iowa
“Great experience!”
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I really enjoyed my dining experience at Bonanza in Des Moines and will definately stop back the next time I'm in town. The staff were great and on top of everything. I even overheard a rather large group (in number and physical size) just nagging about every little thing and putting their waitress through hell. An example was the perfect amount of ice that had to be in their drinks. This restaurant really deserves a higher score than what I gave it, but perfection is impossible.