“I've had lots of italian traditional and...”

Marino's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #230 of 581 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I've had lots of italian traditional and even fake such as local chains that claim they are italian cuisine. I also am a cook and attended culinary classes myself. The chicken aldredo was the best I have ever had perfectly portioned not over sauced and lots of flavor. Pizzas were incredible, there is not one thing I would say negative about marinos. I recommend it to anyone who wants great italian food.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

My wife and I's food was just drenched in cheese. Couldn't taste anything else besides that.

2  Thank coolmacdude
Reviewed March 14, 2009

Marino's still offers its same great Italian menu (the baked cavatelli with sausage is not to be missed), the same great fresh-from-the-oven and chewy breadsticks, and the same iceberg lettuce salads swimming in dressing. But it's lost a bit of its former charm with its expansion to larger digs next door. I miss bringing in my own bottle of red wine and being given a corkscrew and red plastic tumblers to drink it out of. Service (which was never really a problem for patrons who were patient and understood what made the place special) seems to have improved with the move. The pastas, pizzas, and calzones are still top-notch. It's always surprising to me that more people don't know about this place. Check it out!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chaska, Minnesota
Reviewed May 16, 2008

Do yourself a favor and just go here. Very, very small - wonderful food and super service.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 22, 2008

Very YUMMY... but the atmosphere kind of leaves something to be desired.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook