“Home cookin' for college kids”
Review of Drake Diner

Drake Diner
Ranked #29 of 581 Restaurants in Des Moines
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The Drake Diner offfers good food just like mom's home cooking. Very popular with the college kids and great for parents visiting their college kids.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Ate at the Diner one night with my daughter and wife prior to visiting Drake University the next day. Staff was very efficient and knowledgeable of the menu items. My daughter ordered the homemade mac n cheese and loved it. My chicken sandwich was hot and tasty. My wife ordered the BLT and it was delicious. Large portions of each entree.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My mom, son, nephew, uncle, and I recently ate here on a cool morning. We ate outside on the screened-in patio; it was great for my young son. We could be a little noisier, and not bother anyone. The service was pretty good, a little slow but they were busy. The food portions were large, and the food was very good. The Denver Omelet was great. The kids meal is a great value for its size, and a drink is also included. My son had pancakes, and they made in the shape of Mickey Mouse. I would go back again. Sit on the patio, if the weather is good.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Nothing fancy, but reliable and a pretty varied menu. Comfort food especially.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was a great little find on our recent trip to Des Moines for the 2012 NCAA Track and Field Championship. Try to get a table in the screened in patio if the weather permits. It was so pleasant and the food and servie was excellent!