“AMAZING”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio, null, United Kingdom
“AMAZING”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

This place is now where I go to get gift certificates for people who I need a gift for. Aka I absolutly LOVE it and I want others to experience it too. Can't speak much better about a place than to send your friends there!

Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Welcoming in every way.”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The Flying Mango is my kind of place. If I venture away from my own kitchen, I expect to be happy with the service and environment as well as the food. I have been thrilled with all three everytime I've dined at the Mango. I will and do recommend this resturant to friends, family, and clients. Its an open yet cozy dining area with professional, attentive, and friendly wait staff and the food is DEVINE.

• Visited December 2011
Dunedin, Florida
“BBQlishish”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Thankfully we had reservations. This is a tiny little place with very little parking but WORTH the struggle. We were seated within 5 minutes of our reservation. Greeted fairly quickly and asked what we would like to drink. Nice selection of beverages available. Good selection of appetizers which arrived quickly and were wonderful. I recommend the wings and the chicken salad with chips. Our meals arrived in a perfect amount of time. Everything was cooked exactly as it should be. The ribs and catfish were a great choice on my part. The rest of the table enjoyed their meals which included a half rack of ribs and the cajun combo. For dessert we chose bread pudding and blackberry pie. Everything was fresh and as it should have been. The prices are fairly cheap when it comes to today's restaurants. If this place were downtown or in West Des Moines it would not be this cheap. The entire restaurant smells like smoked bbq which is always welcome to me but others may not like it so much because you do smell like it when you leave. All in all a great experience. We will be returning. The only slight frustration the entire night would have been with parking and that was just because we had to park across the street in another business' (which was closed) parking lot. Wait staff = average. Cooks = above average for DSM area. Ambiance = causal dress on up and is a great place for friends to meet all the way to a romantic night if you don't mind it being a little loud. To be expected for such a small place.

• Visited January 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
“people and food fab!”
Reviewed December 24, 2011

nothing like it in the city! staff is great about explaining dishes so you can pick what fits your mood! our children begging to return!

“Culinary quality - casual atmosphere.”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Was in DSM for a business trip and went with a group of friends and clients and was truly amazed by the quality of the food. Brisket was the best, and sides were good too. The owner mixed and mingled with our group and was very helpful in making choices. Although the atmosphere is casual, the presentation and quality of the food was top notch. Worth the trip.

• Visited October 2011