“Wish we had this in Omaha”
Review of Royal Mile

Royal Mile
Ranked #27 of 580 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great food and great beer - what else do you need? The food is definitely a step up from regular pub fare (the chicken curry spring roll appetizer was DELICIOUS!), and the drink list was impressive.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have been by Royal Mile many times. Decided to go tonight. Based on our very pleasant visit, we should have gone years ago. Extensive menu; lots of appetizer choices. Lots of entrees, sandwiches, salads. The beer choices was unbelievable, unbelievable,. There was a full page of whiskey s. The serving sizes were large enough to share. Our meals were very tasty AND they got to our table hot. We decided that this is definitely a 'be back'. We each had s beer, shared appetizer,our entrees, tax and tip $40.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I loved this place. Great beer selections. I would highly recommend the Wychcraft ales. I had the chicken curry dish, which was good, and the next night I had the steak and Guinness pie, which was PHENOMENAL. Check it out if you like a good British pub. I had a great time.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I enjoy the atmosphere at the Royal Mile. Having never been to the UK myself, I love the IDEA of the UK as well as the isles' styles of pubs. Yes, I'm sure this has an Americanized flavor to it, but it's the closest thing I've experienced next to talking to Brits here in America. I highly recommend the Fuller's 1845 Ale. It's more expensive, but it's by-far my favorite beer...and not just there, I mean period. In Des Moines, good luck finding that beer other than at the Royal Mile. I haven't.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Walk in and you leave Des Moines behind for Edinborough. Every beer worth trying and a menu to boot. Reluctant to try the "English" food but pleasantly surprised, and at a good price.

1  Thank Chad L