“Food was good and the beer was cold!”

Court Avenue Restaurant & Brewing Co.
Ranked #22 of 581 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A casual brew pub that fits all occasions. Stop in for a quick beer, bring the family for a round table dinner, or have that workplace pow-wow your employees deserve! Call ahead for reservations, or just swing on in.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The food was good, very generous portions and a reasonable price. We were there mid-afternoon, it was busy and we did not have reservations we found a 2 tables in the bar that would accommodate the size of our group. The waitress did a great job of taking our orders, answering our questions, was attentive w/o hovering. We had tried several of the beers brewed on the premises and enjoyed them all. I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Food was very good. The Sweet Potato Hash was a real surprise. I had a steak and it was well prepared and reasonable price. The beer selection was good and my had had a nice Chardonnay with her meal.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

First off, I'm not a beer drinker but I've found often times these local brew pubs offer outstanding food. This place is no exception.

Warm and friendly atmosphere. Very inviting. It took me a while to realize that there was music playing. Not at all like the eardrum exploding music you'll get at a sports bar like Buffalo Wild Wings. But don't worry there's plenty of large flat screen tv's to watch in the bar area.

Now the food is simply terrific! I had the meatloaf with squash and roasted new potatoes. Talk about comfort food! Now my wife makes the world's best meatloaf but this was a very close second. I was fabulously hungry when I walked in and completely satisfied after having my meal. In fact I was so impressed with the food here that I ordered a spinach salad to take with me to have at the hotel later.

As an airline pilot I seek after local places like this that offer a break from the typical franchise restaurants. I cannot emphasize enough how at home I felt here. Midwestern friendliness with warm atmosphere and great food. This is a great place to spend a quiet Sunday afternoon. Watching the x-games on tv like I did.

I don't get to Des Moines very often but if I do I'll be back here. 5 stars all around.

1  Thank DeltaSkyKing
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Finished up my four-hour walk in Des Moines with a stop here. Had two Honest Lawyers IPAs to wash down my vegetarian burrito. The filling was delightful, made of rice, black beans, and falafel. I was very pleased with the experience. Some co-workers had other dishes, and they raved about them for days.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

If your are looking for a nice restaurant, period style decor and a good variety of locally brewed were, then this a good place to go. Nice selection of food and you need to try the beer sampler. You get 8 different kinds of their beers which equals to about 2.5 pints.