“Best of the brew pubs”

Court Avenue Restaurant & Brewing Co.
Ranked #18 of 573 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A casual brew pub that fits all occasions. Stop in for a quick beer, bring the family for a round table dinner, or have that workplace pow-wow your employees deserve! Call ahead for reservations, or just swing on in.
“Best of the brew pubs”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Out of all of the breweries in the Des Moines area CABCo has both the best food and best brews. The Jambalaya is one of the best I have had and they also serve a very good prime rib. The buffalo wings are also spectacular and compared to any other wings around, very unique. You will have to try them to see what I am talking about. Their mug club is very popular and is only open for new members in December each year after current members had their chance to renew. They usually only have a handful open for new members each year. $40 membership fee gets you your own 24 oz mug, a tshirt, lower priced refills, and invites to mug club parties.

The Woodlands, Texas
“Wow....great brew pub!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Started with the bee sampler.... 8 - 8 oz beers. Very good variety and very good beers. Food was also very good, with huge portions. Some of the best pizza around! Burger was also great! Child friendly and great environment. Will go back every chance I get.

Miami, Florida
“Great for solo travelers”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I ended up going a couple times to this restaurant because of the relaxed atmosphere, good beer selection, decent food options and perhaps most importantly - free wifi!

I was able to read my iPad and write emails while I waited for food, which was a nice way to make use of the time without the boredom of eating alone.

So if you find yourself in Des Moines looking for a place to grab a bite, I'd recommend this restaurant (note: not amazing for non-meat lovers, though the veggie burrito is nice)

Visited November 2012
Kahoka
“Great atmosphere, great service, wonderful food!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We ate here yesterday, on a Saturday night. Upon arrival we were told it would be thirty minutes for a table so we hung out at the bar. Soon a bar booth opened up and we sat there and decided to order. You will have to forgive me, I'm not going to discuss beer-I don't care for it. Ordered a Gray Goose Cosmo and it was perfect tho. Our waitress was very attentive and helpful with the menu. I ordered the Gorgonzola sage filet with sweet potato hash and asparagus. It was amazing. My friends ordered the ribeye, pork tenderloin and my husband the prime rib. Everyone was happy. We also order for appetizers the spent grain pretzels-which were an unexpected delight as well as the Spring rolls which has a nice kick. Overall the restaurant was good temperature, wasn't loud, was clean, the staff was nice and efficient. I'm very happy we stumbled on it!

• Visited December 2012
Des Moines, IA
“Love the CABCO”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I've eaten at CABCO several times, most recently in Novembe 2012. I have experienced consistently very good to excellent food. Tonight I ordered a new dish on the menu, the seared duck breast. It was fantastic, probably one of the best duck breasts I've had a restaurant in Des Moines. It was cooked perfectly and had a sauce made from root beer that was absolutely delicious. My son had the grilled ribeye, which was cooked perfectly. We had a chocolate chip cookie dough fried wonton dessert that was sweet and warm and really great if you love desserts. This is a great restaurant to go to before or after a show at the Civic Center, as it is within walking distance. The service was attentive and spot on. The restaurant itself is nicely decorated, warm, and inviting. It is easy to carry on a conversation with your fellow diners. I highly recommend this restaurant as one of the best in downtown Des Moines.

• Visited November 2012