“Wish I had found this place earlier in the trip”

Court Avenue Restaurant & Brewing Co.
Ranked #23 of 581 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A casual brew pub that fits all occasions. Stop in for a quick beer, bring the family for a round table dinner, or have that workplace pow-wow your employees deserve! Call ahead for reservations, or just swing on in.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

After being stiffled in our hotel in Ankeny in strip mall land during a business trip, we decided to try downtown Des Moines for some better brews. I only wish I had waited to eat dinner here as well as the food my neighbors dined on looked fantastic. We settled for a sampling of the brewed beers on tap. The staff was very knowledgeable on the products and the beers were full-flavored and robust. Highly recommended, no matter what your beer tastes are.

1  Thank gryhound

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Second time I have eaten at Court Avenue Restaurant and Brewing Company, first time had a delicious hamburger, this time nachos with pulled pork...wonderful. There are wonderful drinks with ginger beer...I will be back!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Service was poor, the food was average. Nice drink selection. I will return. Most likely will get a different server next trip in.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

In town for business and came for dinner... Surpassed my expectations! Bartender was very friendly and helpful. Ordered a ribeye and enjoyed the meal. Food is good for your bar & grillbut the real draw is the fresh brew they brew in house. Had the Honest Lawyer IPA and it hit the spot. The star attraction was the 21st Ammendment Ale! I love beer and have tried all sorts around the world from California microbrews to Belgian abbey made in Brugge. This is up there with my favorites world wide. The ale is a spicy and citrusy treat, with hints of whiskey and oak. I say go if you are I town!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Service was just okay, as was the food. The prices were a bit high for the quality. The pork chop with fig sauce was the best of our two entres. Desserts are huge, but again not that great tasting. The apple crisp had way too much nutmeg. Bread pudding was the best of the two desserts.