“sunday bloody mary”
Review of Centro Restaurant

Centro Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Centro Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 587 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 10th Street
Description: Conveniently located in downtown Des Moines lives one of the city’s most popular restaurants, Centro. The urban eatery specializes in delicious Italian-inspired food featuring fresh ingredients and masterful preparation by Chef George Formaro. Whether you’re ordering a multi-course meal or grabbing a drink and pizza at the bar, Centro’s lively, casual yet upscale atmosphere makes it perfect for dining with friends, family, clients and business associates.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

wish I could have eaten here. I was pretty full from the AMAZING bloody mary bar. I have never seen such a cool spread. I will eat here the next time I get to Des Moines

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We left the highway to try Centro in downtown Des Moines and it was definitely worth the detour. I tried the half grilled cheese with caramelized onions, mushrooms and truffle oil which was delicious as was the authentic Greek side salad with fresh goat cheese. It was the best Greek salad I have tasted since traveling through Greece. My husband's chicken, lime, corn, spinach soup was also excellent along with his chicken club sandwich. The service was spot on and we look forward to trying the restaurant again for dinner, should we be so lucky.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Food was prepared perfectly. I had scallops. I tasted the halibut. Both fabulous! Love the atmosphere. Price is easy. Definitely a go back.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

A fellow passenger on a flight recommended this restaurant to a co-worker of mine. Clearly this chef knows food, and likes to experiment. Of the six of us at the table, half would have said they did not like Brussel sprouts before this evening, but everyone lived the deep fried Brussel Sprout appetizer. I was looking at the steaks or fish, but the pizza delivered to the next table looked too good to pass up. I ordered the NY Pizza, and it was GREAT. A nice wood fired oven and some superior ingredients really come through.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Went here for happy hour & dinner. Decor is lovely. Our waitress was wonderful. My husband was amazed by the happy hour martinis--a manhatten with Makers Mark for $5.00? He thought he was in heaven. We had a small garlic pizza for appetizer. It was the best garlic pizza I've had anywhere in the country--& I'm from Chicago. The entrees were ok. I had stuffed chicken & my husband had double pork chop. It was fine, but nothing spectacular. I would go back in a heart beat for martinis & pizza, though.