“Delivery... Ok not great”

Big Tomato Pizza CO
Ranked #240 of 581 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

The person that answered the phone was SO RUDE! We were staying at hotel in the area that recommended this place so we tried it. The pizza was pretty good but again I felt like hanging up the phone on the person taking my order! He had no patience, wouldn't take my cell number instead of the hotel number - he kept saying nope nope nope I need the hotel number - really quite ridiculous if you ask me. I have them my room number after all. I would not get pizza there again based on rude customer service.

1  Thank Luv2Travel2004Iowa

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have never been so disappointed in food service ever!!! I am a night shift nurse at a local hospital that ordered delivery pizza at 1:30am. At 2:30am we called and were told that they would call their driver and see where he was. At 3:00 we were told the were not able to get a hold of the driver yet, and the at 3:15 we were told the driver didn’t know were that address was so they were not going to bring our pizza. When asked to speak with a manager they said there wasn’t one until Monday. When asked for the name of the person I was speaking with they said no, I’m not giving it to you…. I will be speaking with their manager Monday!! This is not the first time they have delivered here,(hard to believe they couldn’t find it) but it will be the last!!

5  Thank Kaylyn F
Reviewed March 24, 2013

In a town where late night food is hard to come by, the slices at Big Tomato are vital - satisfying and tasty. The staff is saucy as well so don"t go if you're not immune to some sass with your sauce.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Cold pizza served late at night. Hey have a great selection of pizzas but they need to learn to serve them hot! Service is far from friendly.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have no choice but to order else where since they don't answer their phone. I just tried 3 times to call with no answer. They do have pizza with every possible topping. But since their are far better pizza places in Des Moines that actually do care about good service I think I will take my business
elsewhere. Maybe I am the only one that doesn't appreciate the gimmicky bad service.