“Wouldn't give me pie. :(”
Review of Perkins Restaurant

Perkins Restaurant
Ranked #158 of 573 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: American
Toledo, Ohio
“Wouldn't give me pie. :(”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I went in one night for just a light dinner but really what I wanted was a piece of pie. It wasn't very busy but there were only a few people working so I waited 15 minutes after I was done eating and then decided I was not meant to have dessert. Packed up my things and got ready to leave and that's when the server made it back to me. Just gave up and went back to the hotel.

Visited July 2012

Huxley, Iowa
“sit down quick food”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

it's ok. it's not great. The service can be quick or slow, the food is a sit down quick food restaurant. Nothing fancy.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great server, food took a while”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Ok so you know what you're getting with Perkins, no surprises there. We had a party of ten and were seated quickly albeit in 2 adjacent areas. We ordered quickly then waited. And waited. The food, when it did come, was great and what we expected. Our server, Jeremy, was very nice and attentive. If the food had come earlier, I would had give a better review.

Close to the hotel, too.

• Visited June 2012
Des Moines
“More often than not things will not go your way eating here”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I am tired of waiting forty minutes for lukewarm food. And you know that if you send it back the cook will spit in it or something. There are too many good restaurants in the world to waste money on a place only people drunk out of their minds want to visit.

Visited March 2012
Saint Rose, Louisiana
“close to hotel”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Portions were small and they did not have all the menu items. This Perkins was at best only average and waiters were slow and not very attentive

Visited December 2011