“"Where everyone is Family"”
Review of Tumea & Sons

Tumea & Sons
Ranked #42 of 587 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I love everything we eat there and the atmoshere is warm they treat you as if your were family. The owner and the chef's are always visible and come to your table to make sure all is good.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Tumea's is our favorite place for lunch and dinner. We've ordered many items on the menu and have never been disappointed. The rolls, creamy parmesan salad dressing, and tarimisu (all of which are homemade on site) are scrumptious. One of our favorite dinners is chicken diablo. On our anniversary dinner this month, I ordered steak deburgo which melted in my mouth. We enjoyed Chianti wine and topped off the night with a chocolate martini. The service is excellent! It is a family owned restaurant with members of the family there to great you.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Recommend highly evenings are fun to go with friends casual atmosphere the food is home made and the family is present there representing their place

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Wonderful little family Italian Restaurant. Very authentic. You can tell many of the customers are repeat. Waitresses call many of them by name and the bar area reminds me of something you would see from the 1950's on Long Island. Love the atmosphere! I had the cavatelli and it was excellent. The house red was just ok. My wife had the veal Parm and it was very good and the portions were extremely large. We enjoyed ourselves and have been back 3 times since.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Had lunch a Tumea & Sons this week and thought the cavatelli was excellent. The homemade bread is the best. You will not find better service anywhere. The food and service will bring me back. Come early if your stopping for lunch, since this real Italian restaurant is no secret.