“We are staying OPEN!!”

Iowa Beef Steak House
Ranked #149 of 572 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Des Moines, Iowa
“We are staying OPEN!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Would like to announce that the Iowa Beef Steakhouse is remaining OPEN!! we will not be closing as eariler stated. Come out and see us! There is a For Sale sign in the Front that will remain out. The owner of the building is wanting to sale the building but out Lease is Locked in and any Sales Agreement would not affect out Lease.

Visited February 2013

Johnston
“Great”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Wonderful flavor, Great portions. Fresh salad bar. Will return to this great resturant. Ouch I understand that they are closing the doors in January. They will be missed

Visited December 2012
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“STEAK”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

well iowa beef steak house is 100% iowa beef there is no doubt i love steak and these guys know how to cook it

Visited September 2012
WEST DES MOINES, IOWA
“I don't like to cook my own steak”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

So maybe I'm being a bit unfair, but the quality of the meat here is a little below average for Iowa.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank gramofone
“Come Hungry”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Every meal here is HUGE. Beef, Chicken & Pork. The Iowa Beef (and I am guessing) Iowa Pork are fantastic and I have had both many, many times on my visits to Des Moines. If I have new visitors traveling with me to this town, someone always asks where to get some good corn fed Iowa beef. Here is where I take them. The meat is the star here and you will not be disappointed.

Everything else is average or maybe below average at times. I've gotten some baked potatoes that had been sitting too long. The salad bar is average. The texas toast type bread you get with every meal is good - but how difficult is toasted buttered bread? I've had a plate of mushrooms on occasion, nothing special.

But in the end, the things that go with the meat are the minor, minor stars. This place is all about the meat and they give you so much of it with each meal that you won't eat all the sides anyway.

The value here is high, as you get top quality meat for a very reasonable price.

Visited November 2012