“Beef, it's what's for Dinner!!”

Iowa Beef Steak House
Ranked #198 of 579 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Always excellant quality of beef, excellant selection! I have been here many-many times over the years, and highly recomment them for steak!! They do have chicken & pork chops, but I have honestly never tried them. They have a salad bar also, along with garlic bread & baked potato, you will not leave hungry!!!!

There are newer reviews for Iowa Beef Steak House

Reviewed July 27, 2012

My husband and I come here from two hours away for our anniversary every year. We love it. The steaks are not over seasoned and they are cooked very well. They are huge, by the way. You can even cook your own steak if you wish. The atmosphere is comfortable and not fancy. This is not a yuppy steakhouse.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Others in our group had already been to the steak house, but this was our first time. The food was fantastic. Steak was done to perfection. Very nice salad bar and the service was great also. Looking forward to going back next year.

Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

With the economy the way it is...seems like people seem entitled to demand great places to look at when they're eating out! Well, I've eaten in Five Star/ Zaggat rated resturants all over the U.S. and Hawaii. I've had great meals and not so great meals in those places. Iowa Beef runs itself in old time flair. The Machine Shed, the.only.other place to go, out in Western Urbandale near I-80/35 and Hickman Road, for the same quality, slightly better loosing place, but you can't cook it yourself, which.sometimes is the.touch you.need! I'm no connoisseur, but I know great taste! Steak is my meal! Iowa Born and raised IN Des Moines, my Family has been eating here for over 30 years! I always go here when I'm in Des Moines...and I usually cook it myself... My Dads last steak was cooked here with him, just days before he passed away. No, he didn't die from anything here, LOL! He loved this place, The whole family does. When the time comes, the United States Secret Service Teams eat here when President or Candidates are in town. Great Steaks, Chops, Kebobs, & Chicken. You want a 27 oz Porter House, they have them, Filets, and their fine Ribeyes and Sirlions too. Good attentive staff and.average.bar. If you don't want salty garlic bread then.make your own. Mushrooms and Big Naked potatos are there too. Starve.yourself at lunch and go. There hours are 5 to 10PM Sunday.thru Sat. Closing promptly at 10. No late bar hrs. I've enclosed several pics from the last there in Dec of 2011. I will be going back soon for a summer visit. come and join me I.might buy! But, I get to use my same sided Coin....No I won't tell you whether it's head or tails!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

simple menus with simple food cooked well........ been around a while so they know what's going on