“Pleasant Surprise.”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Others in our group had already been to the steak house, but this was our first time. The food was fantastic. Steak was done to perfection. Very nice salad bar and the service was great also. Looking forward to going back next year.

Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

With the economy the way it is...seems like people seem entitled to demand great places to look at when they're eating out! Well, I've eaten in Five Star/ Zaggat rated resturants all over the U.S. and Hawaii. I've had great meals and not so great meals in those places. Iowa Beef runs itself in old time flair. The Machine Shed, the.only.other place to go, out in Western Urbandale near I-80/35 and Hickman Road, for the same quality, slightly better loosing place, but you can't cook it yourself, which.sometimes is the.touch you.need! I'm no connoisseur, but I know great taste! Steak is my meal! Iowa Born and raised IN Des Moines, my Family has been eating here for over 30 years! I always go here when I'm in Des Moines...and I usually cook it myself... My Dads last steak was cooked here with him, just days before he passed away. No, he didn't die from anything here, LOL! He loved this place, The whole family does. When the time comes, the United States Secret Service Teams eat here when President or Candidates are in town. Great Steaks, Chops, Kebobs, & Chicken. You want a 27 oz Porter House, they have them, Filets, and their fine Ribeyes and Sirlions too. Good attentive staff and.average.bar. If you don't want salty garlic bread then.make your own. Mushrooms and Big Naked potatos are there too. Starve.yourself at lunch and go. There hours are 5 to 10PM Sunday.thru Sat. Closing promptly at 10. No late bar hrs. I've enclosed several pics from the last there in Dec of 2011. I will be going back soon for a summer visit. come and join me I.might buy! But, I get to use my same sided Coin....No I won't tell you whether it's head or tails!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

simple menus with simple food cooked well........ been around a while so they know what's going on

Reviewed May 14, 2012

It's kinda dark and musty inside.. for the price you pay for the food, you'd think they could update the place! But if you can get over that part of it.. they have great steak and potatoes!!!

1  Thank Christa B
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

I have been there many times and will continue. The quality of steak for the money is des Moines best!

1  Thank johnfB2850WO