“Delicious Mexican Food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

5 de Mayo Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #387 of 563 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: 5 de Mayo has been serving fresh, authentic Mexican food in Des Moines area since 2011. We pride ourselves on fresh ingredients and authenticity as well as atmosphere and guest satisfaction.We like to think our food is some of the finest Mexican food around. But don't take our word for it, come see for yourself!And while you're here be sure to try the Chori-Queso and frozen margaritas.
Ankeny
“Delicious Mexican Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

It took me years, but I think I finally found the best, most authentic and reasonably-priced Mexican food in the Des Moines metro - 5 de Mayo Mexican Restaurant - on SE 14th St. in a little strip mall across from Wal Mart. It's dressy enough to take a date and casual enough to go as you are. The chicken burrito is the best I've ever had and I'm working on trying everything on the menu:) My son's favorite is the Puebla Special - grilled chicken smothered in cheese served with rice, pico de gallo and shrimp. I can afford to take the kids with prices like $8.99 for a delicious, nutritious dish. We all often get the fried ice cream; the kids like the huge serving and I like the honey, chocolate, raisins, and coconut. A mom and pop restaurant with great prices and flavors; that's why I took the time to write this.

• Visited November 2012