“Sushi at its best!”
Review of Wasabi Chi

Wasabi Chi
Ranked #50 of 581 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Description: Newly opened. Just reviewed today in The Des Moines Register Newspaper. Great value, service and sushi as well as various Asian dishes.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Excellent experience! Good presentation, value and warm staff. The owner came to our table and visited. Every specialty roll delivered in taste and freshness. A definite pace to go back to when in Des Moines.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My Husband and I went here on a Sunday night and it was pretty busy, he had been here for lunch, which he says is a super good deal, 2 roll choices with soup and salad!

We had three rolls, a California, Philadelphia and a shrimp tempura, all great choices. The taste and freshness was right on point and had no complaints at all! Next time we will branch out and be a little more adventuress :)

We also had a app of crispy Thai spring rolls which were terrific, sauce was delicious, just the right amount of kick, I don't really do spice but it had just enough.

The waiters were great, the busser kept my water glass full, because I kept empting it about every five minutes for some reason, which was very helpful.

Only thing I would say is that it's a tad dark in there.. but I think that is what they are going for.. a little more lighting wouldn't hurt, but that's just a personal pref!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Put simply, I ate here four times in five days because of the lack of other decent places to eat in the vicinity. And I dont necessarily like just Japanese food. Service was also very attentive.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We found this place accidentally and we try to visit often. We've never been disappointed. My husband thinks their fried rice is "the best" he's ever eaten-and he's eaten a lot of it. over the years and in various places.
The staff is great; very attentive but not overly. The sushi is delicious and their lunch specials are a great value. Love my sushi-man there, too. He always has a smile and good words to share. You can just tell that he enjoys making beautiful and delicious sushi and sashimi for his customers. Wish it was open on Mondays.....

Reviewed May 5, 2013

They continue to serve sushi between lunch and dinner when a lot of the other places close. Their service is friendly, it is very pretty inside. Try the shrimp rangoons.