“Perfect. Excellent food. Jalapeno bacon! Best pancakes!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mullets

Mullets
Ranked #58 of 563 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Des Moines, Iowa
“Perfect. Excellent food. Jalapeno bacon! Best pancakes!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Only one minor service item could have been improved, which was when you bring out pancakes, bring syrup. I had to ask for it; Seriously minor compared to the excellent food, perfect pancakes, jalapeno bacon, fresh fruit....perfection!

• Visited September 2013

Des Moines, Iowa
“Great food, great prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Good selection on the menu, great breakfast & lunches. Haven't been there at dinnertime. Very popular place especially weekend breakfasts.

Visited May 2013
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I don't get to Mullets a lot, but when I do I usually enjoy it. Usually we go to have a few beers, and the food is secondary. Nonetheless, the food is usually good to excellent. I suggest the Big Mullet burger (a Big Mac rip-off, but so much better) or the Cajun Po'Boy. Don't get any other Po'Boy, the Cajun is the way to go. Cajun corn is good, and my friends go nuts for the sweet potato tots.

If its sunny and warm, skip the patio. Its hot up there. But on a nice, cool evening, there is a great view, cold drinks and good food. Do it up!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Great Breakfast Option”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took my father-in-law here for Father's Day breakfast. There was a wait, which we expected, and the hostess was spot on with the expected wait time. We sat outside in the shade enjoying our mimosas while we waited for our table. They sat us upstairs on the patio. It was bright and sunny and eventually started getting pretty warm but the view was amazing and worth every rising degree. The food was great. My father-in-law and I had the denver o'mullets (omelet) with hashbrowns. My husband had a breakfast burrito. The food was pretty quick and served hot. It was delicious and filling. We'll certainly visit again!

• Visited June 2013
Storm Lake, Iowa
“Excellent Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Mullets has a "bar & grill" type of feel but it has a great selection of food. We had a mixed group from meat lovers to vegetarians, and everyone went away happy. We would eat there again, and have recommended this restaurant to many of our friends!

• Visited June 2012