I traveled to Des Moines with my sister, her husband and grand daughter. They are being relocated there from Madison, WI and were looking for a place to live. We had 2 rooms adjoining, one King and one double Queen. We had an excellent experience with the hotel and especially the staff. Mike and the rest of the management and housekeeping and maintenance staff were the best! The breakfasts were awesome, more that "continental" including fresh fruits and biscuits and gravy. We were there for 3 nights and I would stay there again when I go to visit them after they move. The only draw back was that the hotel has a lounge/bar located under the 1st level where we were staying. As long as we kept the AC fan going, we couldn't always hear the music or the smokers out in the parking lot. Who ever decided to put that there made a poor decision. Nice pool and hot tub!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently Located 1 Mile From Merle Hay Hall And Close To Restaurants And Theatres Enjoy your Heartland stop at our Days Inn Des Moines / Merle Hay hotel near Living History Farms. Located just off Interstate 35 / 80 in the northwestern corner of the city, our Des Moines, IA, hotel offers easy access to Saylorville Lake and downtown while providing comfortable accommodations at a great rate. Swim in the indoor pool, soak in the whirlpool or play games in the two-story game room before grabbing an evening drink in the on-site lounge, Derry's. In-room amenities include free Wi-Fi Internet access, microwave and refrigerator. Handicapped-accessible rooms are available, and kids 17 and under stay free with an adult at our hotel in Des Moines, Iowa. Start your day with free Daybreak continental breakfast before heading out. LOCAL ATTRACTIONS From our Des Moines, IA, hotel, you can stroll The Principal Riverwalk - a recently completed project that includes trails, a garden and skating plaza along the Des Moines River - or walk through Pappajohn Sculpture Park. Slide down the water rides and roller coasters at Adventureland amusement park, just 15 minutes west of our hotel in Altoona, or indulge in some adult fun at Prairie Meadows racetrack and casino, also in Altoona. Spend a day on the water at Saylorville Lake or Grays's lake for slower-paced activities like fishing, hiking and boating. DINING OPTIONS There are over a dozen restaurants to choose from within a mile of our Des Moines, IA, hotel, including Bennigan's, Perkins, Felix & Oscars and Carlos O'Kelly's Mexican Cafe. Head to downtown hotspots in the revitalized East Village area or near the Iowa Events center for dozens more options. BUSINESS AND EVENT FACILITIES We offer meeting space for your upcoming event, as well as copy and fax services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Days Inn Des Moines Merle Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn - Des Moines Merle Hay Hotel Des Moines
- Days Inn Des Moines Merle Hay Iowa