“Good food. Brunch is great for everyone. After 5 is a different scene.”

Americana Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #19 of 574 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th Street
Transit: Des Moines DART Downtown Shuttle Service makes frequent stops through downtown Des Moines throughout the day and into the evening.
Des Moines, Iowa
“Good food. Brunch is great for everyone. After 5 is a different scene.”
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed the weekend brunch with the whole family. The food was delicious and although I thought the buffet options were somewhat limited, the kids loved it. Brunch price was in line with similar restaurants.

On a week night we visited for dinner after an evening event in the east village. The crowd was primarily 20 & 30 something groups and couples. Music was loud. The food was excellent, but the prices were high. The waitress was wonderful and made us feel comfortable even though the atmosphere felt more like a night club than a restaurant.

Nice place for a date or night out with friends. I wouldn't take the family again. Its a shame though because the kids loved the food and ask to go there.

Kansas City, Kansas
“delicious, good service”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We went to visit Pappajohn Sculpture Park and we decided to have dinner at Americana Restaurant and Lounge.
The variety of food was amazing and delicious, the service was great.
Specially our server was really nice! I can not remember her name :( but after she noticed my daughter had participated at the IOWA Ironkid ,she send complementary scoop of ice cream for her. Very nice.
WE TOTALLY LOVE IT!

• Visited September 2012
Chicago, IL
“Good Meal for the Money”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We happened upon this restaurant and the food was very good. The portions are decent sized. The mac and cheese was excellent.

Visited November 2012
Ames, Iowa
“Not the best service, good food”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had a less than lovely experience. Our server would get distracted with other tables and ignore us. When we did receive our dinner, my dinner was missing the oscar upgrade I had ordered. When she brought it out to me (5 minutes later), it was cold. The food was nice and we had some lovely desserts. An okay experience, not worth the cost.

Visited March 2012
Ankeny, Iowa
“They go the extra step for special occassions”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went here for a family member's birthday. I noted a birthday on the reservations through Open Table. The restaurant called me and asked if they could have a complimentary champagne toast wating for us. It was a nice flavor...not cheap and also had a small cake after dinner. Our food was good. The restaurant offers quality, not quantity. My scallops were very large, but only 4 for $27.00. The macaroni and cheese my adult daughter had was rich and she thought it was tasty, but a little too small of portion for the money ($13.00). One of the guests in our party order the filet with the Deburgo sauce, it was excellent and one of the best steaks I have tasted. I would actually give the restaurant a 4 1/2. The waiter was not real aware of the specials, slow on the delivery of drinks and I always get slightly annoyed when they do not ask how to split the tab in a small group. The gratuity was already included for a party of 7, which I never mind. I would recommend this place to others.

• Visited November 2012