“Changed up up UP!!!! :)”

Bianchi's Hilltop Lounge & Restaurant
Ranked #227 of 574 Restaurants in Des Moines
Cuisines: Italian
Des Moines, Iowa
“Changed up up UP!!!! :)”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went here to eat last week with the hubby! Honestly, we hadn't been here in at least 8 years! It's under new ownership and has gone from fairly scurvy & dirty, with barely edible food to pretty darn incredible!! Hub had the baked lasagna, it looked fantastic and he said it was almost as good as mine! It came with a salad, the house parmesan is a must try, I tried plenty of his!! I ordered a simple pepperoni pizza, the crust was perfect, not too thin but thin enough, cooked evenly and perfectly, plenty of cheese and pepperoni and the sauce was perfect!! I can tell you I was super impressed! The restaurant itself has a nice open feel, with a full bar, very clean and simply decorated. The bathrooms are brand new and the women's was extremely clean and nicely decorated. I really feel that a clean rest room is a good reflection on the cleanliness of the kitchen. Our server was was super attentive without being annoying, answered all our questions and was just a wonderful girl! We will definitely be going back!!!

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Romy S

Des Moines, Iowa
“No frills - simple food - great service.”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This was our first trip to Hilltop in spite of living less than 2 miles from it. It has a huge dining area which was quickly filling on Saturday evening. In spite of the crowd service was fast, attentive and courteous. I ordered a 10 oz. sirloin with salad and hash browns. I ordered my steak medium which is what I prefer and it arrived medium rare and in the interest of time I did not send it back. The steak was a tough cut and had it been cooked more it would have made hard going indeed. The hash browns were two rectangular slabs of an obviously frozen product. How hard is it to make fresh hash browns? My wife's cavatelli proved a better choice indicating that perhaps the Italian section of the menu receives more attention in the kitchen. This was also indicated by the fact that most of the diners observed in the room were ordering pizza. Prices were comparable to area and franchise steakhouses my steak dinner did not compare in quality.

• Visited March 2012